Jump to content

Recommended Posts

  • Paid Members
Posted (edited)

I bet Luke Gallows is in it. Him and Anderson are fighting, so Gallows joining up with Sting, Angle and

<-- click on 'spoiler' to show/hide the spoiler

Samoa Joe

 

[close spoiler]

");document.close(); seems like its where they are going.

 

I must admit Tazz's line of "there is no Main Event Mafia, I was in the Main Event Mafia. I'm still on the mailing list" was cracking.

Edited by IANdrewDiceClay
Posted

Yeah I can see it being Sting, Angle, Samoa Joe who are original members of MEM and either Magnus or Gallows. hope it isn't Matt Morgan I am so sick of seeing him on my tv, just retire already please.

Posted (edited)

I was browsing through Twitter this morning and came across the picture of the Hammerstein Ballroom which looks incredible. 17cy2e.jpgNow as far as I know TNA drawn a pretty good attendance when they did a house show there in 2010. They even gave Amazing Red the X-Division title before changing in the next night back to Lethal. I've been looking through a few YouTube videos and the crowd was great for the show. Now I'd just like to know why on earth they won't hold events there or tape something there. It's a lovely venue, TNA would be in the Big Apple and they could easily sell the fucker out. It looks fantastic on that picture.

Edited by Twinn
Posted

From the reports online - After the Abyss/Dreamer main event, Tommy gets on the mic cuts some shite promo about how ECW made him and blah blah blah. Anyway he tells Dixie she should hold a PPV there and that gets a PPV chant from the crowd. JB gets on the mic and promises that TNA will be coming back to the Hammerstein Ballroom some time soon. It's just perfect for the product, an intimate setting, a venue they will sell out and rowdy fans. It's just hard to believe after all that they haven't bothered.

  • Paid Members
Posted (edited)

They do the "we will run a PPV" line at every city they go to. TNA can occasionally get 4,000 to 6,000 in an arena for a PPV. Doing a pay-per-view at the Hammerstein would a daft idea. Especially considering they have a lot of international fans traveling over for the fan fests and the stuff they do leading up to it. Is a group of families and young lads really going to travel to soak up the atmosphere of a shit hole theatre filled with fat fucks and Green Lantern fan? And then experience the TNA fan fest in the lobby of a glorified empire in New York?TNA should run venues like the Hammerstein and the Manhattan Centre for TV and tart them up, because there's no way they can pack arenas regularly. They'd probably have a hard time selling out the Hammerstein looking at recent attendances. The last few tapings, TNA pushes the entrance way so forward to hide the empty seats that it almost looks like the Impact Zone. The arenas look smaller and smaller because they cant shoot certain sections.Actually doesn't look to impressive of a set up when you turn the lights off.BNZbLnMCMAAXiPs.jpg

Edited by IANdrewDiceClay
Posted
I must admit Tazz's line of "there is no Main Event Mafia, I was in the Main Event Mafia. I'm still on the mailing list" was cracking.

 

I have a mental picture of Kevin Nash getting pissed off with Booker T. sending everyone pictures of lolcats...

Posted

Big Kev has got to be inking his TNA deal right now, surely. He's got loads of mates down there, and isn't doing much else right now.

Posted

That doesn't mean anything - the Legends contracts aren't for wrestling, they're a merchandising deal I think. Legends are still free to wrestle elsewhere.

Posted

I don't think that's the case.

 

I'm fairly certain any appearances outside of WWE would have to be negotiated with the company, like Lawlers deal that allows him to work indy dates with companies that aren't ever going to impinge on WWE's business.

 

I'd be gobsmacked if you could sign any deal with WWE and work TNA.

Posted

Doesn't Hulk have one?

 

Gutted if that's true though, as it means signing that Legends contract was effectively putting an end to Nash's career, as it WWE don't want to put him on screen, nobody else can!

  • Moderators
Posted

Yeah Nash is definitely under WWE contract of some description so can't turn up on TNA. He was only a few months back doing a curtain call on NXT.

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
×
×
  • Create New...