• Paid Members

I'll agree with the main body of that and I realise that i'm wishing the clock was turned back in many ways.I remember how awesome it was between Wrestlemania 9 and King of the Ring '93 when you actually had qualifying matches on Wrestling Challenge and Superstars, meaning Mr Perfect v Doink ON TV!Whilst appreciating those days have long gone, there must surely there must be a way of reserving the very best matches for pay per view, while keeping the weekly TV compelling. Is a slow burner feud necessarily a bad thing? (Although not as slow as Aces and 8's has been at times)If the nWo invasion happened these days, you'd have Scott Hall and Kevin Nash turning out on the same episode of Raw and powerbombing Eric Bischoff to end it.I've said it many times before, in many ways the Attitude era has been the worst thing to happen to wrestling. Let's face it, TNA's ratings aren't going to rise or fall much no matter what they do, so it's worth a go. Why not re-educate the fans?

http://shoptna.com/ukmi14.aspx

TNA are punting a UK VIP ticket for next year. What's included - and excluded - for what they're charging is intriguing. Limited to 30 spaces boys and girls, get tore in!

I wonder if the thought had crossed their mind that putting premium tickets like this on sale before the pre-sale and general sale might be a better approach, as the hardcore fan will already have weighed in to get the best seats available.

Why not re-educate the fans?

I hate the arrogance of this this term. Wrestling is what it is now. Promotions need to be looking forward, not backwards. They're already stuck with a product style that's about a decade old. Edited by Vamp

• Paid Members

Let's face it, TNA's ratings aren't going to rise or fall much no matter what they do, so it's worth a go. Why not re-educate the fans?

Well TNA's ratings have fallen quite a bit. They are outside the top 100 in the ages 18-49 demos. The majority of TNA's fanbase in the States is over 50.Also you can't re-educate the fans when you are a distant number two. If you try and question a wrestling fans taste, they'll not watch any more because WWE's always about. They've proved with that Monday night experiment that most of TNA's audience are WWE fans.

• Paid Members

Let's face it, TNA's ratings aren't going to rise or fall much no matter what they do, so it's worth a go. Why not re-educate the fans?

Well TNA's ratings have fallen quite a bit. They are outside the top 100 in the ages 18-49 demos. The majority of TNA's fanbase in the States is over 50.Also you can't re-educate the fans when you are a distant number two. If you try and question a wrestling fans taste, they'll not watch any more because WWE's always about. They've proved with that Monday night experiment that most of TNA's audience are WWE fans.
Really? How long has this been going on for? I always thought TNA did good numbers in that demo.

I think all TNA really need to do at this point is improve the roster. Fuck Hogan, Sting, Morgan, Abyss/Park, Rob Terry and Anderson off. Bring in guys like Morrison and Shelley and throw a stupid amount of money at Batista. Spike would chip in for someone like him and he would be able to fuck about in Bellator as well (I may be talking bollocks on that on I haven't really researched how possible it would be.) I think the amount of PPVs is fine, just add on four big TV specials on Spike. They could use those specials to build faith in the fan base who have been burned too many times with PPVs.

• Paid Members

TV specials would mean TNA spending another $500,000 to go on the road to film 3 hours. If you are getting no return (or damaged limitation like TNA's PPVs usually have), doing 4 to 8 TV specials just isn't going to happen. Its why the Clash of the Champions had to go. 3 hour TV specials are dead because you cant make anything back off them.

Edited by IANdrewDiceClay

Keeping Spike happy is one of TNA's top priorities though. If those free TV specials help organise the structure of impact, keep spike happy (which in turn could make them increase advertising/funding) and condition fans to know the big events are worth watching then that outweighs limited returns. I doubt they would lose as much on them as they do PPVs. Doing it live the day after a live impact would keep costs down as well

http://shoptna.com/ukmi14.aspxTNA are punting a UK VIP ticket for next year. What's included - and excluded - for what they're charging is intriguing. Limited to 30 spaces boys and girls, get tore in!I wonder if the thought had crossed their mind that putting premium tickets like this on sale before the pre-sale and general sale might be a better approach, as the hardcore fan will already have weighed in to get the best seats available.

Almost $1000 for a possible second row ticket with a meet and greet where no names are pre- announced and two nights at a hotel (bearing in mind Nottinghams meet and greet this year had FOUR of the British Boot Camp names in the fan interaction - not even worth the

• Paid Members

I think all TNA really need to do at this point is improve the roster. Fuck Hogan, Sting, Morgan, Abyss/Park, Rob Terry and Anderson off. Bring in guys like Morrison and Shelley and throw a stupid amount of money at Batista. Spike would chip in for someone like him and he would be able to fuck about in Bellator as well (I may be talking bollocks on that on I haven't really researched how possible it would be.)

How would canning Hogan and Sting (i.e genuine star power) improve the roster?

• Paid Members

The fact they are one of Spike's top priorities is all the more reason not to show more TNA on their network. Spike dont want more TV specials. And Spike would be the ones coughing up the money for them to go on the road. I dont think TNA has done a TV special on Spike ever (maybe one or two early on). If Spike wanted them, they'd do it. Doing a second show on Spike would probably over saturate the product. TNA are doing a special show in a few weeks for Destination X. But all they are doing is replacing an episode of Impact with it.

In other news, this is interesting from next week:

<-- click on 'spoiler' to show/hide the spoiler

Suicide def. Chris Sabin & Kenny King to become the new TNA X-DIvision Champion.

Suicide then unmasked as Aries

[close spoiler]

");document.close();
Edited by IANdrewDiceClay

I think all TNA really need to do at this point is improve the roster. Fuck Hogan, Sting, Morgan, Abyss/Park, Rob Terry and Anderson off. Bring in guys like Morrison and Shelley and throw a stupid amount of money at Batista. Spike would chip in for someone like him and he would be able to fuck about in Bellator as well (I may be talking bollocks on that on I haven't really researched how possible it would be.)

How would canning Hogan and Sting (i.e genuine star power) improve the roster?
Because that frees up a lot of money to bring in younger star power with more to contribute in terms of matches and stories. Yeah hogan and sting do bring something to the table, but since their star power doesnt really effect viewership at all then there isn't much point to them. Both their contracts must be equivalent to what someone like Batista would ask forIan I see where your coming from, so I suppose the best compromise would be to just rename the occasional episode of impact and dress it up as a big deal, maybe even asking for an extra hours run time.Edit: that spoiler looks amazing and pure genius. Bit gutted I clicked on it now Edited by Tattoos are gay