• Paid Members

Sting's philosophy was different to the other four members. It was all about respect for Sting. Thats why he split with them. For the others they wanted only world champions in the group, all established talent and they wanted to hold the young guys down. Sting on the other hand never took part in the beat downs, still looked for cheers and was generally different to the other lot. If this is Sting's group, I doubt its following the old Mafia guidelines. Or they will just forget about the "all world champions" stuff. Which seems more accurate.Sting, MVP, John Morrison and Chris Masters would be a cool group. I hope its not the same old shite they have on the roster. If its Matt Morgan, Eric Young, Magnus and Robbie E its going to die a death. A top babyface squad (which TNA desperately needs) will need a fresh slate. Using the same blokes they always use will kill it before it starts.

Edited by IANdrewDiceClay

• Paid Members

I have no problem with Magnus being a part of it, but you're right it does need new blood. Forgot MVP was free as well, would be a nifty addition.Hell let's put Magnus in tights and give him some facepaint, it worked for Heidenrich and Jay Lethal to rip off legends to get somewhere for a bit.

Sting's philosophy was different to the other four members. It was all about respect for Sting. Thats why he split with them. For the others they wanted only world champions in the group, all established talent and they wanted to hold the young guys down. Sting on the other hand never took part in the beat downs, still looked for cheers and was generally different to the other lot. If this is Sting's group, I doubt its following the old Mafia guidelines. Or they will just forget about the "all world champions" stuff. Which seems more accurate.Sting, MVP, John Morrison and Chris Masters would be a cool group. I hope its not the same old shite they have on the roster. If its Matt Morgan, Eric Young, Magnus and Robbie E its going to die a death. A top babyface squad (which TNA desperately needs) will need a fresh slate. Using the same blokes they always use will kill it before it starts.

I don't remember them harping on about the former world champions thing, so it's likely they'll ignore that.Anyway, MVP would be a fantastic addition. Good on the mic, looks great in a suit, great in the ring, he's made for the role. Besides which, his non-MVP name is Antonio Banks which I think sounds cool.I guess there's a chance RVD would go back, kinda hope not though. Other than that, Masters I'd love to see. Morrison would be a good pick too, but lets be honest, without Scott 'there's not two f's in mafia' Steiner it will pale in comparison.Bet Sabu gets in.

Bully Ray seems to be regarded as something of a second coming these days, but was there ever anything said about that pathetic spot in the TLC match with Hardy a few weeks back where he just jumped onto the table and lay himself down to set up for a dive?

I watched it and cringed. I figured it would be a bit of a talking point as it was that bad but i don't remember anyone mentioning it.

It was even more embarrassing than Christian York's attempt at a Tajiri handspring Elbow!

• Paid Members

Magnus really isn't that good either, he's got a good look and is a competent speaker tna likely rate him because he's so young, if he stays there he'll likely end up in the Joe position of the odd main event and back to the mid card. I couldn't even bring myself to watch Impact this week for the first time in about 16 months, they need a new midcard.

On this day 11 years ago...

nwatna.png

NWA:TNA (NWA: Total Nonstop Action)June 19th, 2002Huntsville, ALVon Braun Civic Center~ 3,000 fansAnnounce team: Mike Tenay, Don West & Ed FerraraRing Announcer: Jeremy BorashBackstage interviewer: GoldylocksReferees: Mark Johnson & Scott Armstrong0. Dark Match: Cheex beat Frank Parker.0. Dark Match: Apolo beat David Young.1. X Division Match: The Flying Elvises (Sonny Siaki, Jimmy Yang & Jorge Estrada) beat AJ Styles, Low Ki & Jerry Lynn.2. Midgets Match: Teo beat Hollywood.3. The Johnsons (Rod & Richard Johnson - The Shane Twins, w/ Mortimer Plumbtree) beat James Storm & Psicosis.4. The Dupps (Bo Dupp & Stan Dupp - Trevor Murdoch, w/ Fluff Dupp) beat Christian York & Joey Matthews.5. Ken Shamrock won a Gauntlet for the Gold Battle Royal to become the new NWA World Heavyweight champion. The other participants in the match were: Scott Hall, Jeff Jarrett, Buff Bagwell, Rick Steiner, K-Krush (R-Truth), Justice (Abyss), Brian Christopher (Grandmasta Sexay), Konnan, Vampire Warrior (Gangrel), Malice (The Wall), Chris Harris, Norman Smiley, Steve Corino, Devon Storm (Crowbar), Bruce (Kwee Wee), Lash LeRoux, Slash (Wolfie D), Apolo & Del Rios (Phantasio).The following people were also on the show: Ricky Steamboat, Harley Race, Dory Funk Jr., Jackie Fargo, Bob Armstrong, Corsica Joe, Sarah Lee, Bill Behrens, Lenny Lane, James Mitchell, Joel Gertner, Puppet, Alicia (Ryan Shamrock), Alexis Laree (Mickie James), Shannon (Daffney), Francine, Elektra, Taylor Vaughn, Miss Joanie, Sasha, Erin, Teresa Tyler, country music star Toby Keith, NASCAR driver Sterling Marlin and NASCAR driver Hermie Sadler.The show aired live on PPV. The second NWA:TNA show was taped immediately after the live PPV broadcast.

Time sure flies. I still vividly remember reading the very first NWA:TNA press release and being intrigued by it. And here we are today, 11 years later. Edited by pgi86

Time sure flies. I still vividly remember reading the very first NWA:TNA press release and being intrigued by it. And here we are today, 11 years later.

Despite every year bringing the usual naysayers all telling us the company would be dead soon.