I'm surprised nobody has mentioned this yet (spoiler for next week's Impact)

<-- click on 'spoiler' to show/hide the spoiler

Sting apparently said he's bringing back the Main Event Mafia to face the Aces and 8s. What are they playing at here? Steiner won't be back if him suing them is anything to go by, Booker is in WWE and Nash is pretty much a WWE guy now. Unless it's just Sting and Angle, what could they possibly do here?

[close spoiler]

");document.close();

• Moderators

I watched the Rampage segment, and though I'm sure he'll get the hang of it, he was definitely playing way too 'big'. It's like a stage actor going in front of a camera for the first time -- he's used to doing that stuff at the weigh-ins where he's playing to the back of the room, but in HD close-up, it was all a bit panto. When Angle's music played it was very "ZOINKS! WHU-WHUUUT?!"

I'm surprised nobody has mentioned this yet (spoiler for next week's Impact)

<-- click on 'spoiler' to show/hide the spoiler

Sting apparently said he's bringing back the Main Event Mafia to face the Aces and 8s. What are they playing at here? Steiner won't be back if him suing them is anything to go by, Booker is in WWE and Nash is pretty much a WWE guy now. Unless it's just Sting and Angle, what could they possibly do here? [close spoiler]
");document.close();
Jeff Jarrett, TNA original and co-founder comes back to try and save the company from the cancer that is Aces n 8's?? :sneaky:
Edited by nobby

• Paid Members

I watched the Rampage segment, and though I'm sure he'll get the hang of it, he was definitely playing way too 'big'. It's like a stage actor going in front of a camera for the first time -- he's used to doing that stuff at the weigh-ins where he's playing to the back of the room, but in HD close-up, it was all a bit panto. When Angle's music played it was very "ZOINKS! WHU-WHUUUT?!"

all abit panto, it's fucking wrestling, it's meant to be panto :laugh:

• Paid Members

Here's the rating for last night.

We don't have the ratings for Impact yet because for the first time in its history, it was not one of the top 100 shows in the Male 18-49 demo on cable last night.

That takes some doing. Edited by IANdrewDiceClay

I think we need to put this weeks rating into context. It was up against major competition in the NBA and NFL playoffs so that took a major chunk out of the potential audience. However, they could have laid of on the Rampage debut for a week, advertised his debut and popped a number when the competition was not so stiff!

• Paid Members

I think we need to put this weeks rating into context.

No we dont. For the first time since Impact first started (including when they were going against Raw), they weren't in the top 100 shows viewed by their target demographic. The Mickey Mouse Club had more 18-49 year olds watching it than Impact did. They have had big competition loads over the years (especially in the last year when its been from 8-10pm). The viewership and the demos are scary at the minute. They are on the road spending a shitload, yet its not positively reflected in any of the business.Dropping to 4 pay-per-views has really slowed the TV down, to be honest. If there isn't a PPV coming up, nothing seems to matter. The wrestling audience seems conditioned to the monthly build format these days.

Also, TNA don't offer anything above and beyond their baseline to casual fans, who like something a bit extra. TNA recycle the same shit 100% of the time. It's the same people doing different variations of the same angles.WWE are guilty of the same thing 75% of the time, but in serious season they've got Brock or HHH or Undertaker or Rock shaped rabbits to pull out of the hat.Nothing is special, or different in TNA. Rampage is great, but is Joanie McRasslinfan from Sisterfuck, Alabama with her Austin shirt and Big Bossman vibrating eggs going to give two hoots on her Hogan horn about an MMA guy who spent most of his time in Japan?

• Paid Members

How stupid is it to have Rampage turn up unannounced? We all love a surprise, but if nobody's watching in the first place then can't make a difference. Jackson is a big star, they should have hyped the fuck out of him coming to Impact.

• Paid Members

They did. They've been playing commercials on Spike since they announced it on Monday. It wouldn't have mattered if they'd have plastered him on billboards outside every supermarket in the US. TNA have had more appealing names than him before and it hasn't done much for their viewership. People just aren't interested in Impact at the minute.

Edited by IANdrewDiceClay

• Paid Members

Unless I'm mistaken, I think they heavily advertised the fact that Rampage had signed that deal with Spike TV, but not that he was going to appear on this week's episode of Impact.I'm not suggesting he would have made a massive difference, but when your ratings are in the gutter you have to make smart decisions.Apparently the rating came in at 0.9

Edited by Arch Stanton

Here's the rating for last night.

We don't have the ratings for Impact yet because for the first time in its history, it was not one of the top 100 shows in the Male 18-49 demo on cable last night.

That takes some doing.
Looks like it was missed out for some reason.Anyway the show did a 0.9 with 1.1 million viewers, an increase on the previous week and that's with the NBA Finals which drew 14million (the highest since 2004) Edited by Buzz Lightyear