Non existing advertising re tna has been going on pretty much ever since they started on spike, there was a interview years ago with nash during the time he was doing that stuff with the x division guys iirc were he was quoted as saying people regularly stopped him at airports for pics/autographs and asked him why he wasnt wrestling anymore on tv and he was like "man im on spike every week with tna"... And that was around 06 right?

Overdone facial expressions aside, anyone else find the whole Angle-Rampage thing a tad odd with regards to where things are with TNA's story? TNA guys taking kickings from Aces & 8s every week, a hardman probable face debuts and one of the main TNA faces goes about antagonising him?

Well no, but is starting a face v face feud, when Angle is in the middle of a feud with a heel faction the best way they could have went? If all the Aces & 8s stuff wasn't on the go it is the most obvious route to take, but all the talk of their being 'no more heroes' is almost begging to set up a face for a big debut, which Rampage could have taken. Albeit I suppose this is really dependant on how long he's going to OVW for, Aces & 8s might be as good as done by the time they deem him Impact worthy in the ring.

• Paid Members

Angle just finished a feud with AJ Styles and won. He's the most content wrestler on the roster, since he's the only one who seems to win matches these days. They had to treat Rampage's debut as something special. And for that you needed Kurt Angle. Putting him with wankers like Wes Brisco and Mr Anderson would have probably made me legitimately ill watching it.Also, I doubt Rampage is going to OVW for more than one or two sessions. Can anyone really see someone of Rampage Jackson's work ethic and wealth training to wrestle at the Davis Arena every week?

Edited by IANdrewDiceClay

I get what you're saying, and like I say, if Angle hadn't been one of the main faces in the Aces & 8s plot I wouldn't have batted an eyelid. I just feel that when the overall story arc is 'TNA guys vs Aces & 8s' having one of the main TNA guys deciding without reason to get in the face of a new TNA signing, immediately following his feud with AJ, which was about AJ not being one of the TNA boys in the first place, a bit daft really.

The Rampage bit was shit. Unless you know who he is, (which I don't and judging by the Impact ratings he made no difference either way) he just seemed like some bloke doing the 'I'm MEAN, me' face, looking a bit perplexed by it all and doing a rubbish promo. He won't be ready for months, if ever, especially with his apparently rocky temperament. He's like the Gut check losers. Impact was pretty good though. The BFG series is the best thing about TNA so I'm glad to see that its up and running. Hernandez has looked great recently, looking foreword to how he does in more singles matches.

• Paid Members

I get what you're saying, and like I say, if Angle hadn't been one of the main faces in the Aces & 8s plot I wouldn't have batted an eyelid. I just feel that when the overall story arc is 'TNA guys vs Aces & 8s' having one of the main TNA guys deciding without reason to get in the face of a new TNA signing, immediately following his feud with AJ, which was about AJ not being one of the TNA boys in the first place, a bit daft really.

I think that's a fair point, but to be honest you have to do what's best for business and Kurt Angle facing off with Rampage is going to attract much more attention (and give a far better end product) than if Jackson starts fucking around with A&8, who nobody gives much of a fuck about. Edited by Arch Stanton

• Paid Members

He's Hernandez, so probably the same as he usually does in singles matches. Which is usually very shit. He's had Chavo making him look 10 times better than what he is for a year now, so him breaking off into singles again spells danger. He's just turned 40, so maybe its his turn with the belt very soon.

Edited by IANdrewDiceClay

I feel like I want to give TNA a go again, even though I know from previous record I'll make it about half an hour into a show and give up. I don't know what it is about their product that makes me do that. Normally there's a talky bit which is alright, then there's a few matches that I really don't give a toss about and I'm done before getting to whatever main they've set up, which I normally feel like they were doing the last time I checked in (which is probably anywhere between half a year and a year). I'm interested in giving them a go, again and again, but I never find myself hooked to anything.

Edited by Vamp

I'm interested in givign them a go, again and agin, but I never find myself hooked to anything.

Mickie James looks like she's going back to the dirty/skanky Mickie James the debuted in WWE, thats all the hook you need.On the Rampage/Angle side, I'm not sure from what I saw between them, that an immediate fued is what they were going for, I saw it as more of a welcolm to TNA and a tease of the fued for the future. We could see the match at BFG, but that months away and Angle may have had his shots at A&8's by then. Not seen results for next week, so don't know if Angle is in the BFG series or not.

That was about the best they could do with Rampage really... tease a bit of an angle, but anything else, what can you do? "Right, you fellas with the bikes. You've just beat me up, so give us 3 to 6 months, and I'll learn how to wrestle, then by golly you'l be all for it." Which is pretty much Joseph Park's gimmick

Slammiversary is currently on Sky Anytime if anyone is interested.

Rampage is apparently going straight into the wrassling training. Sure he has loads to learn but he's no skinny 18 year old, It won't take him too long to get grips with the game. After all he is a big fan. If they put him in the ring with Angle at BFG in some sort of submission kind of match I'll be watching. It's taken King Mo so long because he got badly injured.

Conference call with Rampage, Dixie, Bellator VP and head of Spike TV.