• Paid Members

No, you didn't. You said you enjoyed TNA and then proceeded to have a go at people who criticised it. All of whom, by the way, have watched TNA regularly (including myself), and have been eventually put off by a shit product, so don't make out like this is a case of people just shitting on TNA for the sake of it.

I haven't been as hyped for a single weekly wrestling show as I was for the infamous Jan 4th show, TNA was easily the brand I was enjoying most at that time. I'm actually gonna go watch it again.

"Vince McMahon, you have no idea what's comin' at ya"

Edited by Merzbow

• Paid Members

Oh man, that got me interested in watching wrestling again. I'd started watching TNA casually a few months before purely for the Desmond Wolfe/Kurt Angle feud, but hadn't watched WWE properly in years. The January 4th TNA show was a wonderful spectacle. RAW wasn't all that, just a forced hug between Michaels and Bret.

Still, I was sort of back into WWE after that night and then back in proper after the Nexus invasion.

• Paid Members

I really liked Desmond Wolfe, was the first time I enjoyed anything Nigel McGuinness did. He had a unique style without being ridiculously spotty, made all the more impressive by actually coming across like how a yob might wrestle if he was a technician. Good promo, too.

A shame the Hogoff regime had no real interest in him, and he ended up just being a Fourtune grunt before disappearing through injury. Had high hopes for London Brawling, but obviously TNA didn't.

• Paid Members

I really liked Desmond Wolfe, was the first time I enjoyed anything Nigel McGuinness did. 

Likewise. Admittedly, I hadn't seen a huge amount of McGuinness, but I took against him due to his hair and that headstand in the corner. Seem to recall I boo'd him mercilessly at one of the Coventry Skydome shows.

LOVED Wolfe, though. I think you've nailed it on the "technical yob" call.

His little run as commissioner/commentator of Xplosion was great fun, too. "I've got a couple of wankers in the back who are going to come out and have a match." He called someone (Robbie E, I think) a "Helen Hunt" on commentary too.

Oh, and Chelsea  :wub:

The image on that youtube video just reminded me that TNA had Jay Lethal, arguably one of the best wrestlers on the planet right now who has held the RoH title for over 12 months, and Xavier Woods (Consequences Creed) one of the most popular wrestlers in the world right now

I really liked Desmond Wolfe, was the first time I enjoyed anything Nigel McGuinness did. 

Likewise. Admittedly, I hadn't seen a huge amount of McGuinness, but I took against him due to his hair and that headstand in the corner. Seem to recall I boo'd him mercilessly at one of the Coventry Skydome shows.

LOVED Wolfe, though. I think you've nailed it on the "technical yob" call.

His little run as commissioner/commentator of Xplosion was great fun, too. "I've got a couple of wankers in the back who are going to come out and have a match." He called someone (Robbie E, I think) a "Helen Hunt" on commentary too.

Oh, and Chelsea  :wub:

He came in like a wrecking ball in TNA, looking like TNA were going to make a bit of a star out of him...and then nothing. Obviously he had issues later on in his career there too, but another missed opportunity from TNA to make a bit of a homegrown star

• Paid Members

The image on that youtube video just reminded me that TNA had Jay Lethal, arguably one of the best wrestlers on the planet right now who has held the RoH title for over 12 months, and Xavier Woods (Consequences Creed) one of the most popular wrestlers in the world right now

Yeah, but Lethal outside the Black Machismo or Ripoff Flair gimmick was bland as hell. That "Living The Dream" gimmick was just crap, nothing interesting about him at all.

I loved Consequences Creed doing the Apollo Creed thing, but he was green as grass, and TNA wasn't really the best place for him to get good. Overall, it seems WWE's been the best place for him.

Edited by Carbomb