I could care less about ratings, I could care less about who gets paid what. I watch TNA as I would watch any other TV show which is what it is. I don't watch pro wrestling in the same way I watch football, baseball, hockey, mma, etc. I watch it in the same way I watch the shows I love like Breaking Bad, Lost, Buffy, 24, etc. I watch it for to be told a story, I watch for the characters, I watch for the evolution of those characters, I watch for the cool bad guy who we shouldn't like but do.

I was a fan of TNA from 2002 until mid 2010 when it all got very silly and 90s but in 2016 I chose to start watching again and I am impressed with what I have seen thus far.

Like I said I could care less what ratings the TV shows I like to watch get (not that ratings mean much in this day and age with the amount of content there is out there on TV and on demand) nor do I care what the stars of those shows get paid, nor should any of you.

I can well understand that point of view because it was the entire basis of Max Landis' Wrestling Isn't Wrestling but honestly what compelling stories are TNA telling at the moment?

I'm the same era as you when it comes to TNA fandom so to speak from 2002-2010 with a collection of DVD's to show it but at least back then they had in the ring talent to back it up and pull off some amazing matches.

Now EC3 is a great character. I don't think he has it in him to put on an in ring classic and from there the talent isn't. I've seen and attempted to carry on watching through every false dawn TNA has had and in the end the boring in ring content has killed it.

And the how much a wrestler makes. Nothing more than a curiousity such with wanting to know how much a player from your team is being paid and whether that cost is justified to your team. And with TNA literally pissing money away it is of interest to know what the big talent is being paid. For example. James Storm was offered double what NXT offered him. Now in the long run how much he is being paid for that and whether he justifies it is of interest. And for the record I'm a huge James Storm fan. Even turned up to Progress in my Sorry/Not Sorry t-shirt

I think everyone bothering to post here enjoyed a lot of TNA in that time frame. it's just baffling to me getting particularly invested in what TNA are doing in this new landscape where Samoa Joe is making waves in NXT and AJ Styles has main evented WWE PPVs with storytelling that actually makes a noise and is not in a tepid Impact Zone

Well I am sure if they announce another series of British Bootcamp then things on here would change

Probably not. the first British Bootcamp was something new/fresh, but the other two were garbage, so that's another thing on the list for the company "Tna-ing it" and making things that not many people want to see. I'm sure some people would watch it, but it'd be because of the UK talent, not because its TNA.

That's a good point.

When the first one rolled out, TNA was a place to be, if you were a UK wrestler, because you get over to the states/get on TV etc, and in fairness those thing may still appeal to British Wrestlers, the only thing is now that TNA is so dire, would you want to associate yourself with them? 

i know a lot of guys currently working there see it as "another pay cheque" rather than being something they become personal invested in, to say make the place better. Long gone are the days were people could weight up the choice of "do i go to WWE or do I stay in TNA and help build the brand?" because the TNA brand is worth absolutely nothing and, in my eyes, is like that pub that keeps re-opening and is pretty much worse every time. Its pure crap, any even if they are having good matches or putting out great TV now, its too late for them, because nobody cares. And those that do, are wasting there own time and dreaming of TNA beating WWE in some long standing "war", that WWE don't care about.

• Paid Members

TNA's never been the place to be but when that first series was filmed it still had programming on Spike TV, PPVs and a roster of people you'd heard of. It was a world away from anything over here. Those days are long gone.

Well I enjoy watching TNA, deal with it for god sake lol.

Some people like watching British wrestling, I like watching TNA, people have different tastes.

Well I enjoy watching TNA, deal with it for god sake lol.

Some people like watching British wrestling, I like watching TNA, people have different tastes.

To me, it was a "foot in the door".

If you could get over to the US, and prove yourself on (at the time) a decent TV channel and PPV's, it could open doors to WWE. Again, its still is to a degree, but TNA as a brand is just the worst, so many (from the UK and the US) have turned down offers to join their roster for that exact reason.

Edit:

I like good wrestling, no matter what country its from. TNA is not that at all. 

others have mentioned this before, but the only reason we're all so critical of TNA is because we all liked it at some point, and its just sad to see how far it's fallen. And its due to their own incompetence, which is just as infuriating. 

Edited by Mr.E

There needs to be two armies fighting in a war, which has not happened in wrestling since WCW started to go down the swanny in 1999 before it finally died. TNA has never been competition, sure they had a small window were it was an entertaining show, put on some great matches and they had some of the biggest names in the industry on their payroll. But they were never anywhere near WWE's level. That's not to sound like a WWE fanboy but looking at the numbers, be it TV ratings, merch sales or PPV buys or whatever, TNA have never come close.

The only people who think TNA are ever going to be competition post on TNA Mecca

Edited by WyattSheepMask