• Paid Members

I don't think the 6 days is going to make a difference if the product is good enough to produce genuinely interested fans. When TWC used to show the most 3 hour PPV the Sunday after - you know, back when TNA was good - I used to watch every one without fail, on the 7 day delay.

In more homes it may be however sky sports is watched by an average of 2 million viewers for premier league football
Even the live nfl games on sky sports do double what any WWE shows do so its not as if it's only available in the homes of the 94,000 watching raw or the 53,000 watching smackdown

If you're still wanting to make this utterly pointless comparison, then if you've got 2 million Sy Sports subscribers watching the football (and plenty of them paid for it for the football) and 94,000 choose to watch Raw, that's about 5%. Challenge is in every home in the UK with Sky, Virgin, BT, Freeview or virtually any digitial TV. Based on chokeout's 25 million estimate and the 152,000, that's about 0.6% of the people that could watch it, that are.

• Paid Members

WWE did used to be on network TV back around the turn of the century. I remember watching the 2000 Royal Rumble on Channel 4 and the huge amount of complaints they received about the Cactus Jack HHH street fight. Unfortunately after that channel 4 proceeded to air the PPVs on a 50 minute tape delay with commercial breaks and anything deemed violent censored out, much like the daytime edits of current WWE shows, but well after the watershed. That arrangement drew equal numbers of complaints from wrestling fans which, combined with them sticking Heat on slap bang in the middle of Sunday dinner between Hollyoaks repeats led to Sky picking the rights to them back up in 2002. The 2001 Rumble was ruined as we'd get a full commercial break pretty much every 5 entrants. Unfortunately I can't see it happening again as nobody has the money to pry any rights away from Sky, plus I'm sure Vince would rather people subscribe to the network. I can hear Jerry saying it now: "Paying for Sky to watch WWE? You're an idiot!"

• Paid Members

What I was referring to was that it's not as if sub 100,000 viewers is the glass ceiling on sky so it's not as if WWE couldn't do better there's no reason other than viewer preference it doesn't do TNA numbers on sky sports

Well by that logic there's no reason why TNA isn't doing Eastenders numbers on freeview

• Paid Members

People would rather watch reruns of Bullseye? At least they all reach a logical conclusion and the presenters aren't as patronising.

• Paid Members

People would rather watch repeats of Bullseye? Always a capacity crowd and less predictability about the finish of the main event.

Sorry, didn't realise I'd posted twice.

• Paid Members

Serious question now, is wrestleuk actually Dixie Carter?

Nah, he isn't building up the debut of Daivari or Barry Horowitz as "MASSIVE ANNOUNCEMENT THAT WILL CHANGE THE LANDSCAPE OF PRO WRESTLING FOREVER THIS WEEK!!!"

Back to the topic in hand you will probably be genuinely stunned to know I thought this weeks show was a load of bollocks bar the very good ec3 promo it was almost as if creative sat down and came up with a show to cure insomnia nothing outrageously bad in the Russo sense but nothing remotely exciting either

Edited by wrestleuk

• Paid Members

Serious question now, is wrestleuk actually Dixie Carter?

Nah, he isn't building up the debut of Daivari or Barry Horowitz as "MASSIVE ANNOUNCEMENT THAT WILL CHANGE THE LANDSCAPE OF PRO WRESTLING FOREVER THIS WEEK!!!"

You forget, Raidster, that there are usually 5-6 weeks of MASSIVE ANNOUNCEMENTS that there is a MASSIVE ANNOUNCEMENT coming soon, each more massive than the last along with vignettes and video packages that in no way resemble something WWE were using last week. Then the MASSIVE ANNOUNCEMENT is completely overshadowed by the completely unpromoted appearance of BJ Whitmer in a match against Robbie E.

Back to the topic in hand you will probably be genuinely stunned to know I thought this weeks show was a load of bollocks bar the very good ec3 promo it was almost as if creative sat down and came up with a show to cure insomnia nothing outrageously bad in the Russo sense but nothing remotely exciting either

So very much back to normal for TNA then?