Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Posted

 

Another night and another impressive crowd tna seem to have drawn well in Birmingham https://twitter.com/otpchris/status/693878938850951168

 

 

How many is the arena actually set up for? They've not drawn well if they've set up for 5000 or so and drawn 3000 like Manchester.

The Barclaycard has a max capacity of about 15,000. The Academy setting as I mentioned is about a quarter of that. When I went, the only major empty seats were in the restricted view spot. That said, it was when it was still the NIA, so it has gone up from about 12,500 as part of the refurb. Not sure how much the Academy setup's increased.
  • Paid Members
Posted

Alex Shelley did as much as he should or could.

 

He fell in at the right time. TNA was at its peak and he was just the sort of thing the fans wanted.

I never rated him like others did, I thought he always overachieved as he was in the right place at the right time.

  • Moderators
Posted (edited)

 

 

Another night and another impressive crowd tna seem to have drawn well in Birmingham https://twitter.com/otpchris/status/693878938850951168

 

How many is the arena actually set up for? They've not drawn well if they've set up for 5000 or so and drawn 3000 like Manchester.

The Barclaycard has a max capacity of about 15,000. The Academy setting as I mentioned is about a quarter of that. When I went, the only major empty seats were in the restricted view spot. That said, it was when it was still the NIA, so it has gone up from about 12,500 as part of the refurb. Not sure how much the Academy setup's increased.

 

 

So, not as impressive as wrestleuk intimates then. TNAMecca level madness disproven again.

Edited by PowerButchi
Posted

TNA only sold about 900 tickets for tonight, according to someone I know who works there. The rest were all freebies and giveaways. That doesn't include any tickets sold today from the box office, just advance sales.

Posted

They do give away a lot of tickets. I've been to see them at Manchester 4 times and only ever paid once and that was the first time. I didn't even have to pay to the one that had Hogan and Sting.

  • Paid Members
Posted

Put me down as another one who thought Alex Shelley could've been something big. If he came around now I think he'd be snapped up by Triple H for NXT. He had a vibe similar to Jericho in WCW. Like you could sense he had the personality and ability to be more than he was, just in the wrong company at the wrong time.

 

Where is Shelley now? Still tagging in Japan? Can he still go?

  • Paid Members
Posted

He's only 32 no reason they can't go after him if they want him. He was great around the time of Paparazzi productions, always had far more personality than Sabin too.

  • Paid Members
Posted (edited)

Alex Shelley is 32. He's younger than most of the NXT lot. He's been around forever, but still young. No idea why WWE haven't brought him in. You'd think he'd have been a good fit for NXT. Maybe there's a reason, since everyone thought he was WWE bound in 2012 and that rumour fizzled out completely.

 

Chris Sabin on the otherhand isn't what he was. Both knees are completely shot. That was a belting tag team. Loved the look. Their hairstyles and Mad Maxx inspired get up and exciting style seemed to be perfect for a younger audience.

Edited by IANdrewDiceClay
Posted

Impact Wrestling just Tweeted Davey Richards was injured tonight. From what I can uncover, their match was was cut short. They're saying Initial diagnosis of a meniscus issue. Will be getting an MRI and update to follow

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
×
×
  • Create New...