Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Posted

Was a good show last night.

 

The attendance was terrible though. Upper tier completely closed, back 4 rows of all the lower tier blocked off and even then there were large gaps in each of the lower tiers.

 

It is what it is though, crowd that were there were loud and into it, and the shows themselves came across well. EC3 can be a genuine star like, he's got somethig about him thats for sure. Really digging Matt as a heel as well, can tell he enjoys it a lot more.

Posted

Only if you buy the ringside package, which range in price from £250-£415,

Jeez! Always thought the fan interactions brought in a good extra income, suprised they've done away with it

Posted

 

 

Seeing on Twitter the turnout for the Manchester show is way down on last year

Not surprised. They should really just get some 12 TNA wrestlers (use half a dozen british wrestlers) on contract and do a longer tour in smaller venues. They could do 2-3 dates at York Hall, dates in Manchester, Liverpool, South coast, Yorkshire, Newcastle and Glasgow and get more money back than renting arenas and only getting 1-3,000 at each show.

Well the turnout wasn't too bad at all seen several photos on Twitter and it filled up nicely

The 20,000 capacity Manchester Arena "filled up nicely"? There's being a TNA fan and then there's delusional brand loyalty. As someone who was at the event, I've never seen the arena more empty. Ever. And I've been going to a range events regularly there since the 90s.

Posted

I'm undecided about going to London tomorrow, was looking for an idea of whether Manchester was any good before deciding. That's a good start.

I went to Wembley last year and it was really good, also as they closed off so much of the arena the cheap seats were really good. Last year there was Angle/Lashley, Roode/Young, EC3/Spud and a 3 way tag ultimate x and also had 2 title changes. This year EC3 vs Matt Hardy, Beer Money vs Young and Bram and Angle vs Roode. For £25 I would say worth it. It is also Lethal Lockdown. I believe Birmingham has King of the Mountain.

TNA put a half decent show on. 2nd half was much better than the very talk heavy first.

 

But i cant imagine tna 2017 myself?

People thought they wouldn't do them this year, you never know. However the new contracts where they can rent the talent out may see the end of that and just send the talent out on tours. Would not bother me, I think it would be great if Beer Money or EC3 came to RPW or something like that. 

Posted

 

I'm undecided about going to London tomorrow, was looking for an idea of whether Manchester was any good before deciding. That's a good start.

I went to Wembley last year and it was really good, also as they closed off so much of the arena the cheap seats were really good. Last year there was Angle/Lashley, Roode/Young, EC3/Spud and a 3 way tag ultimate x and also had 2 title changes. This year EC3 vs Matt Hardy, Beer Money vs Young and Bram and Angle vs Roode. For £25 I would say worth it. It is also Lethal Lockdown. I believe Birmingham has King of the Mountain.

 

 

Yeh I went last year too and it was really good.  Which was lucky because the year before was one of the worst major wrestling shows I've ever been to.

 

Whether last year was any good or not is irrelevant, which is why I wanted to know if last night was any good before deciding to go.

Posted

 

 

I'm undecided about going to London tomorrow, was looking for an idea of whether Manchester was any good before deciding. That's a good start.

I went to Wembley last year and it was really good, also as they closed off so much of the arena the cheap seats were really good. Last year there was Angle/Lashley, Roode/Young, EC3/Spud and a 3 way tag ultimate x and also had 2 title changes. This year EC3 vs Matt Hardy, Beer Money vs Young and Bram and Angle vs Roode. For £25 I would say worth it. It is also Lethal Lockdown. I believe Birmingham has King of the Mountain.

 

 

Yeh I went last year too and it was really good.  Which was lucky because the year before was one of the worst major wrestling shows I've ever been to.

 

Whether last year was any good or not is irrelevant, which is why I wanted to know if last night was any good before deciding to go.

 

2014 was a shit show, the most I ever paid to go to a wrestling show. It put me off buying tickets until 1 week before the 2015 tour as I had nothing else planned. Part of me feels they knew it was shit so put effort into the 2015 tour. However the 3 announced matches look good and if there is at least 1 cage match that should make it fun. I think they look better than last nights matches to be honest but I cannot say they will be. However the card does look good so far and I think last night's did too. You also have the possibility of seeing guys like Osprey, Damo and Havoc on there if you like them as they said they would use them in the tour but on what shows who knows.

 

results to last nights are below

http://www.tnasylum.net/home/england-taping-results

  • Paid Members
Posted (edited)

Those new TNA contracts are the most TNA thing of all time. In theory they make sense, you pay the talent a specific amount and then attempt to make that money back or maybe even make a profit by farming them out to as many independents as possible. The only problem, and it's typical of TNA to not realise this, is that being a TNA talent is the worst thing possible for a wrestler's standing in the eyes of fans and promoters. There's no stink quite like it. Once you're a TNA wrestler you're damaged goods for a long, long time. AJ Styles coming in straight off TNA TV wouldn't have been anywhere near as big or exciting. You need a few months or years away from them before you truly shake off the stigma of being in such a shitty promotion.

Edited by Supremo
  • Paid Members
Posted

Meltzer has gone on about Ospreay for so long that I looked up a music video of him last night. He looks fun. Is there any reason why WWE never gave him an offer?

Posted

Meltzer has gone on about Ospreay for so long that I looked up a music video of him last night. He looks fun. Is there any reason why WWE never gave him an offer?

He would need to put on a lot of weight for wwe. Glad to see him sign for NJPW, must of impressed at Global Wars UK. He should be fun at BOSJ.

  • Paid Members
Posted

 

Meltzer has gone on about Ospreay for so long that I looked up a music video of him last night. He looks fun. Is there any reason why WWE never gave him an offer?

He would need to put on a lot of weight for wwe. Glad to see him sign for NJPW, must of impressed at Global Wars UK. He should be fun at BOSJ.

 

 

He's also only 3 1/2 years into his career, and only in his early 20s. He'll be in WWE before long.

Posted

I was at a Robbie Brookside seminar at Lucha Britannia 3 years ago, and Will was knocking about then, still obviously very new.

 

I've never seen anyone so naturally athletic and springy in all my life. Crazy.

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
×
×
  • Create New...