Wrestling Pod Casts / Radio Interviews

uk_wrestle_fan_1981

• Paid Members

We were joined by the For The Love Of Wrestling team this week to discuss the rescheduled event in Oct/Nov. We discussed numerous topics including, Who has dropped out, who is now joining the event, behind the scenes with Undertaker, ECW Merchandise & more. If you’re planning to go to the event, it might be worth checking out. We have some additional pretty fun news to share this next week too. Cheers.

• Paid Members

The super human @HarmonicGenerator joined us for a chat to establish the true Monarch of the Ring, once and for all. We selected numerous wrestlers who have won a KOTR or have a royal related name, enter them in a KOTR knock out tournament, and then HG & Pablo go head to head in a quiz, in order to decide which wrestler from each match goes through to the next round. HG’s historical, monarchy knowledge is fucking astounding. Had fun. Enjoy.

• Paid Members

Lanny Poffo joined us this week for our 1st official episode of... 

For The Love Of Wrestling Radio

We had great fun chatting to him about a number of topics regarding his career, Randy, poems and much more. He also chooses a winner from our wrestling poem competition. Some of the entries were insane. We had to filter many out, they will be addressed in due course. Haha.

https://bbgwrestling.com/lanny-poffo-interview-ftlow-radio-1/

4900E33F-9BF9-46BF-A9A4-AAA1D835D5BD.jpeg

I've got to a point recently with Something To Wrestle With Bruce Prichard where I think I'd prefer it if Bruce wasn't on it.

On last week's episode about Nailz Bruce added nothing whatsoever to the discussion. But Conrad running through everything week by week is still always interesting to listen to.

He gave Bruce a pass this week not pushing him for more details or calling out what sounds like bullshit because they recorded shortly after Bruce heard Fink had died, but this is the latest in a long line of their shows since Bruce returned to WWE where he avoids getting into the juicier stuff that all the listeners want an insiders perspective on.  

Hopefully it's okay to plug this being an on/off poster here.

I podcast about old indies with a friend, we've mostly done CZW, ROH and IWA Mid-South at this point but we recently covered FWA' first British Uprising and thought it'd be of interest to some here.

I've only seen bits and pieces of FWA and my mate's not seen any, so we did not have the most informed and serious discussion, but I realized I do a pretty good Drew McDonald impression and there's plenty of Roy Knight challenging Regal to a shoot foight and Alex Shane chat so I think it'll be a fun time for people who were fans of FWA.

http://rotteneramemorypodcast.libsyn.com/remp-030-fwa-british-uprising-2002

• Paid Members

Double upload rather than separate posts. I really am trying to resist posting each episode of the pod on here to avoid overkill. We’re uploading 6-7 episodes a week at the moment and expect to do so for some time to come. I’ll cherry pick what to post, but please feel free to check the channel out. The links below are SoundCloud, but we are on Spotify & iTunes etc, along with access from BBGWrestling.com

On episode 3 of Nation of Isolation we have an in-depth chat about the lineage of the Truth Commission. We also talk far more than required about Brakkus.

We’ve also uploaded part 1 of an old interview with Sam Houston. We thought we’d lost the audio, but hurray, we’ve found it. Part 2 will be up next week. 

• Paid Members
On 4/23/2020 at 5:40 AM, dopper said:

I've got to a point recently with Something To Wrestle With Bruce Prichard where I think I'd prefer it if Bruce wasn't on it.

On last week's episode about Nailz Bruce added nothing whatsoever to the discussion. But Conrad running through everything week by week is still always interesting to listen to.

He gave Bruce a pass this week not pushing him for more details or calling out what sounds like bullshit because they recorded shortly after Bruce heard Fink had died, but this is the latest in a long line of their shows since Bruce returned to WWE where he avoids getting into the juicier stuff that all the listeners want an insiders perspective on.  

This was an odd one, to be fair - Nailz wasn't there long, and Prichard wasn't there much whole Nailz was. 

So, for the first time in 2020, SCG Radio returns for part one of a three-part series examining the year 1990 in the WWF. In part 1, I'm joined by Kyle Ross of Top Rope Nation to look at the WWF's struggles entering the year, the decision to go with Hulk Hogan Vs. Ultimate Warrior at WrestleMania 6, and go through the timeline of events that turned what was thought to be the biggest money match in three years to a colossal disappointment. Featuring all the facts and figured you'd expect, we break down the problems with the build to the show, issues with pay-per-view providers, Vince McMahon's initial foray into the bodybuilding world, problems with the heel side of the company, Vince's battle with Ed Tunney and the Canadian legal system, the WWF signing Mike Tyson to be a special referee in 1990 and the media fallout, and analyse the decision to move to the Ultimate Warrior as the top guy in the company and what the early indications were, as well as when the momentum started to crumble. A really in-depth look at the first third of 1990, check it out, enjoy, and stay safe!

https://squaredcirclegazette.podbean.com/mf/play/css64r/SCG_Radio_156_-_The_WWF_In_1990_Part_1.mp3

18 hours ago, Liam O'Rourke said:

So, for the first time in 2020, SCG Radio returns for part one of a three-part series examining the year 1990 in the WWF. In part 1, I'm joined by Kyle Ross of Top Rope Nation to look at the WWF's struggles entering the year, the decision to go with Hulk Hogan Vs. Ultimate Warrior at WrestleMania 6, and go through the timeline of events that turned what was thought to be the biggest money match in three years to a colossal disappointment. Featuring all the facts and figured you'd expect, we break down the problems with the build to the show, issues with pay-per-view providers, Vince McMahon's initial foray into the bodybuilding world, problems with the heel side of the company, Vince's battle with Ed Tunney and the Canadian legal system, the WWF signing Mike Tyson to be a special referee in 1990 and the media fallout, and analyse the decision to move to the Ultimate Warrior as the top guy in the company and what the early indications were, as well as when the momentum started to crumble. A really in-depth look at the first third of 1990, check it out, enjoy, and stay safe!

https://squaredcirclegazette.podbean.com/mf/play/css64r/SCG_Radio_156_-_The_WWF_In_1990_Part_1.mp3

This was a great listen will it be weekly releases for the next 2 episodes? I'd love to hear more with you 2 on the earlier years of WWF like this or even NWA/WCW etc

• Paid Members
44 minutes ago, Liam O'Rourke said:

Thank you very much. We are planning weekly recording for this series, and the feedback/reaction will steer us on similar types of mini-series. 

Listened to the first hour and really enjoyed it. The quality f the sound and the interaction isn't hurt at all by not been in the same. Not sure if you cleaned it up but no delays or talking over each other. Chemistry is fine although I did chuckle when your "ace" joke went straight over Kyle's head. 

Topic is very interesting and it's a really in depth chat. Look forward to the rest.

• Awards Moderator

4 hours ago, Liam O'Rourke said:

Thank you very much. We are planning weekly recording for this series, and the feedback/reaction will steer us on similar types of mini-series. 

Listened to the first half on my daily walk today and really enjoyed it. The two of you have got a good dynamic and I like the different perspectives of the age and nationality difference. Found the deep dive into all the different factors building up to Mania fascinating. Looking forward to listening to more, and the rest of the episodes. 

If you continue beyond this I’d definitely like more from the same sort of era - Hulkamania Era up to 1995, say. It’d make a great complement to the MNW Timeline series.

Edited by HarmonicGenerator

On 5/4/2020 at 11:07 PM, Liam O'Rourke said:

Really enjoyed this and def want to hear more of this type. So many tiny titbits I never knew, still hasnt changed my mind on warrior being an over-rated idiot mind! thank you