WWE Survivor Series 2012

Cobra1000

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

***Post-show, so I'll spoiler-tag it.***

<-- click on 'spoiler' to show/hide the spoiler

It was as dull as you'd expect. Sheamus vs Big Show was really good again, but crap ending. Chair match next month.

Survivor Series match was just a waste of time. I thought something was going to happen in it. Someone turning, someone being elevated, or at the very least a showcase for Miz. And instead, nothing. Ziggler pins Randy Orton at the end. Ziggler's pinned Orton before, and it wasn't like either of them had a memorable performance here. Foley looking gutted seemed weird as well, since there was nothing at stake in the match. No personal issue, nothing. Tyson Kidd had a good showing in the earlier one, though.

The Vickie/AJ thing had no need to be on the show, and I've already forgotten how the women's match ended. I know Cesaro won his and nobody cared.

The main event was good. Not great, but good. Should've had a double Shellshock on Cena and Punk though. Ambrose DID get on the show! Pretty big part as well, Nexus rip-off. And Rollins. Who is that other bloke that seemed to be the leader of their group? And was he the leader or are they all going to be in the long-fantasised CM Punk Wankety Wanks stable, just warm bodies for Ryback to maul?

[close spoiler]

");document.close();

Really good show overall I thought. Great idea to have that bonus elimination match open the show, they got plenty of time to deliver and get the show off to a great start. The Divas match was just there, it seemed to get a bit extra time than usual but that didn't help any. Normally I don't like Big Show matches, but he really clicks with Sheamus' style, that's two highly enjoyable PPV matches in a row from them. Really enjoyed Team Foley vs. Team Ziggler, thought Miz would turn on Team Foley but it looks like it was a test run for Miz as a babyface, he did embrace it and get the crowd on his side big time for the flurry he put forth. Also great to see Ziggler win on PPV, that's probably one of his bigger career PPV wins. Momentum from here is key though.

The main event was very well done. Glad to see Punk hold on here, as it seems to solidify Rock vs. Punk at the Rumble. I was convinced Lesnar would show up to help Punk retain, with rumours of armoured cars, and I swear I saw the Affliction shirt guy front row at the PPV. With that, the NXT guys were a bit of a letdown. That Roman Reigns guy only debuted like a week ago, and the announcers made a big deal over him even though he seemed pretty average. I guess they're going to have Lesnar appear every week in Wrestlemania season then, with 20+ appearances left on his 1 year contract.

***Post-show, so I'll spoiler-tag it.***

<-- click on 'spoiler' to show/hide the spoiler

It was as dull as you'd expect. Sheamus vs Big Show was really good again, but crap ending. Chair match next month.

Survivor Series match was just a waste of time. I thought something was going to happen in it. Someone turning, someone being elevated, or at the very least a showcase for Miz. And instead, nothing. Ziggler pins Randy Orton at the end. Ziggler's pinned Orton before, and it wasn't like either of them had a memorable performance here. Foley looking gutted seemed weird as well, since there was nothing at stake in the match. No personal issue, nothing. Tyson Kidd had a good showing in the earlier one, though.

The Vickie/AJ thing had no need to be on the show, and I've already forgotten how the women's match ended. I know Cesaro won his and nobody cared.

The main event was good. Not great, but good. Should've had a double Shellshock on Cena and Punk though. Ambrose DID get on the show! Pretty big part as well, Nexus rip-off. And Rollins. Who is that other bloke that seemed to be the leader of their group? And was he the leader or are they all going to be in the long-fantasised CM Punk Wankety Wanks stable, just warm bodies for Ryback to maul?

[close spoiler]

");document.close();

SPOILER - Highlight the black box to read

Roman Reigns. Sika's son, Roseys brother.

A lot of stuff was done right tonight - sensible match order, right guys going over, a surprise ending - one of the better shows this year certainly. The opener was good and contained a lot of guys that need the PPV time. Shame Brodus didn't get more shine, it should have been him eliminating Tensai.

Obviously I couldn't forward the live stream so had to endure the women's match, and you no what? It was quality. I was impressed with Eve, how long has she been this good?

Dolph going over was the right thing to do and I'm sensing a Randy Heel turn. Not as good as the opening survivor match thanks to the even-steven style booking but decent.

Main was fun. Punk was great in there being a dickhead. Ending was great of course. I'm guess they're going with Nexus part 2? Maddox must be in on it too. Roman Rains stinks but least we get Rollins and, of course, my man Ambrose. It would be nice to see WWE booking their heels strongly for once. Have a faction that's actually presented as a threat.

Yeah, surprisingly very good PPV.

• Paid Members

The internet doesn't seem to be exploding at all. I don't think many people have any faith WWE can protect 3 guys (4 if you count that referee bloke) in a stable without making them look like Health Slater.

WWE is very TNA at the minute. You have the Aces and Eights running in at the end and you have the Claire Lynch angle in the middle of the show. They should have had Kassius Ohno in the group instead of Ambrose. Ambrose has got some break out potential judging by his FCW stuff. Having him paired up with the new Nexus is bound to typecast him as a loser when Ryback murders them all.

WWE for all its shite TV over the last year usually sets a high standard on pay-per-view, but this one was pretty flat. The crowd were dead for a lot of it. The opener was pretty good and Sheamus and Big Show was quite great but the rest of the matches were not bad, but not good either. A proper B show.

Edit: Just learned the one who isn't Ambrose or Rollins is Yokozuna's brother!

I think, with a bit of hindsight, I quite enjoyed this PPV. I'm enjoying the Punky Tonk Man run they've got, and Rock should make a good Ultimate Warrior payoff at the Rumble. Plus, you'd assume they'll go with Punk/Cena one last time at TLC, which is uniformly brilliant in build up and execution. Frankly, with the Rumble only one show away, whatever they do with Punk has my interest now. I didn't think they'd have him retain, but I'm glad they did. I like the look of Roman Reigns too, had no idea of his very existence until 4am this morning but now want to see more of what he can do.

Rest of the show was fairly inconsequential, but the opener was superb, Sheamus/Big Show came alive in the final stretch again (over finishers count a fucking great deal, compared to some of the wet lettuce ones kicking about), and Ziggler winning was unexpected. Very confused with how they booked Miz in the match, but that's only a minor grumble.

Delivered pretty much what it promised for me.

Archived