WWE Survivor Series 2012

Cobra1000

• Paid Members
I don't mind it that much myself, but I understand why it can agitate. It reeks a bit of the stereotypical internet wrestling fan, who learns all his terms from the newz websites (or in the case of 'moveset', the WWE videogames) and repeats them like they're everyday vocabulary. I don't think you'll ever hear WWE themselves refer to people's 'movesets', unless it's when you're making a CAW on a SmackDown game. People did that, and transferred it over to real life, where really, 'moves', 'repertoire', 'arsenal' or something like that would sound far less neckbeardy.

Ah, i see. I can understand why it would agitate, but i've never really seen a problem with the term myself. A wrestler has a set of go-to moves...hence, a move set. Nothing pretentious or BIZINSIDER!!! with me, but message understood.

You didn't lurk very well then, did you? One of the forum's best and most prolific posters has had his reservations about it pasted in his sig for the last few months and mentioned how shit it is in his posts on a number of occasions as well.

Apparently not if i missed that glaring omission. Admittingly, i did spend a sizable chunk in the 'Gold' sub-folders though...

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Moderators

Moveset would mean that they are the only moves he has. A set of moves, if you will. If he learns a new move, has he grown his moveset? Or if he knows a piledriver but doesn't execute it, is it not in his moveset? A moveset would be a set he knows, wouldn't it? Like on Smackdown vs Raw or whatever, it's set because that set of moves are the only moves it is possible for him to do. That's not real life. It's a shit term. In the physical world of grunt and groan, they're just "moves" surely?

I don't know how the term travelled from computer games to real life but I wish it would fuck off back to whence it came. It's not a real term. Why can't people just use normal and real words instead?

PPV was largely shite. Big Show/Sheamus was good, but when the best match on your card wasn't even advertised (the "Bonus" match), there's a problem. I enjoyed the Triple Threat, but I felt Ryback's disposal wasn't enough for me. This new angle with Ambrose, Rollins and Reigns isn't doing much for me. I hope Ryback just mows through them.

• Paid Members
This new angle with Ambrose, Rollins and Reigns isn't doing much for me. I hope Ryback just mows through them.

I'm pretty sure that's exactly the reaction they're going for.

Archived