WWE Survivor Series 2012

Cobra1000

Are we talking about the same Justin Gabriel here? I think he's class and the crowd were really behind him (and Tyson Kidd) at Survivor Series, same with the little series he had with Cesaro. Surely he only does two high flying moves, that springboard moonsault as his lovely 450 splash?

I think hes super marketable, great look as well. Lets not forget these guys are all signed on potential, its a completely different system than the days of old.

Anyway, really enjoyed Survivor Series, maybe the low expectations helped but still enjoyed it. The Opener Survivor Series Traditional Match was incredible, really good fun and Sin Cara had lots of sympathy from the crowd and he didnt mess up, might have been his best showing really. Perfect way to kickoff a show. Brodus is way down the pecking order now...

Womens match was decent too, Kaitlyn has bags on potential and Eve is really good. Was it Askana who attacked her?

R-Truth vs Cesaro wasnt much, Cesaro got a good reaction but the match wasnt long enough for it to mean much.

At least the AJ stuff now may go somewhere. Its still shit but I'd rather her be a wrestler than some sort of authority figure/love interest and it may get her and Tamina over to the point where fans care so why not.

Sheamus vs Big Show was again class, not sure it was on par with the Hell in a Cell match. Really loved it, didnt think Big Show still had really good performances left in him. The ending was a good controversial ending and it leads to an inevitable chair match. Seen a lot of "why didnt Ziggler cash in MITB after" but surely you have to cash it in in the ring and he couldnt have possibly got Big Show into the ring.

Speaking of Ziggler I felt a bit let down by the 2nd Traditional SS match, I dunno I just expected something big to happen and it never really took place. Ziggler winning with the superkick was magical though.

Main event was great, Im stoked to see what happens next but it was a great ending and they might have introduced 3 new superstars who could be big time players soon.

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members
Are we talking about the same Justin Gabriel here? I think he's class and the crowd were really behind him (and Tyson Kidd) at Survivor Series, same with the little series he had with Cesaro. Surely he only does two high flying moves, that springboard moonsault as his lovely 450 splash?

I'm not going to list his entire move set, but i do re-call cringing at how thinly he performs a tilt-a-whirl DDT. It may have the been the crowd at HIAC, but they weren't invested in him at all. Even at the RAW taping, people were more into insulting Tensai than getting into Gabriel. The guy needs to connect with the global audience. I haven't seen SS yet, but from my experience with him the past couple of months, he has come across as highly generic, dull and unlikable.

Has Tamina had a bit of Surgery? She looked a lot better looking than the last time I saw her.

I don't think it's surgery, I think it's just the radical change in hairstyle that's done it. She went from black curly hair to straight blonde/brown hair. Makes a world of difference, she looks great.

Funny that people here were just talking about Tamina possibly getting released and now she's reappeared in a major storyline. We have the power! :p

Dull PPV. Mostly inconsequential. Someone said the card was laid out right. I disagree as you had to wait until Big Show vs. Sheamus before a match that felt like it meant something. But then I suppose that's partly just down to the lack of well built matches. Saying that, the opener was good.

The AJ thing was pointless. The finish to the Big Show vs. Sheamus match was a mess - and if it is a nod to some UFC match, they've done it to the detriment of the match. They've got so many guys on the roster, they really need to cut it down - and now we've got four guys from developmental brought up (if you include Maddox). I had a Facebook notification pop up on my phone saying 'best end to a PPV in years' from someone. I should have known this was the type of thing it'd be as he was a ROH fan and (like me) likes Dean Ambrose. But I'd rather Ambrose was used for something where he stands out as himself, rather than in a group. I read a status today on Facebook from a mate who is more 'casual' a fan which said 'worst end to a PPV ever'.

Personally, I'm still not fussed about watching Raw. They seem to be making Ryback more vulnerable as when he first came in, I'd have said he'd have needed to take more to keep him down. They realise the undefeated streak is a short-term thing and a hinderance, but momentum seems to be slipping away. He can beat up this threesome, but WWE really need to do something special to get the audience to quickly care about the threesome or it'll do nothing for Ryback or them when they're battling.

• Moderators
I'm not going to list his entire move set, but i do re-call cringing at how thinly he performs a tilt-a-whirl DDT.

NO.

Anyway, are people really that Tyson Kidd should get a large push? Really? It's nearly as insane as when Tree lookalike 'Stormy Weathers' claimed Tyson Kidd would one day be THE GUY. Not everyone can be a star, and Tyson Kidd's one of not everyone. His role is the right one for him. Exciting undercard curtain jerking babyface.

Which title?

But since they don't have it, I'd like to see Kidd get a run with the IC Title.

Everyone else does so why not?

The only way being the IC (or US) champion affects anyone nowadays is that their baggage is a bit heavier at the airport, it's hard enough to get the fans to care about either of the two main titles without expecting them to care about the two titles that Santino seems to alternate between wearing a couple of times a year

As other people have said, he suits being in an undercard tag team, not having some Bret Hart in '91 IC Title run

• Awards Moderator
His hair makes me wanna smack him. Ridiculous do.

Correct.

And is using the term 'move set' frowned upon here? I was a lurker for a bit before joining but never noticed any controversy about that term...

I don't mind it that much myself, but I understand why it can agitate. It reeks a bit of the stereotypical internet wrestling fan, who learns all his terms from the newz websites (or in the case of 'moveset', the WWE videogames) and repeats them like they're everyday vocabulary. I don't think you'll ever hear WWE themselves refer to people's 'movesets', unless it's when you're making a CAW on a SmackDown game. People did that, and transferred it over to real life, where really, 'moves', 'repertoire', 'arsenal' or something like that would sound far less neckbeardy.

• Paid Members
His hair makes me wanna smack him. Ridiculous do.

Correct.

And is using the term 'move set' frowned upon here? I was a lurker for a bit before joining but never noticed any controversy about that term...

You didn't lurk very well then, did you? One of the forum's best and most prolific posters has had his reservations about it pasted in his sig for the last few months and mentioned how shit it is in his posts on a number of occasions as well.

Archived