WWE Survivor Series 2012

Cobra1000

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Which title?

Is this asking me what title I think Kidd should get a run with mate? If so, then ideally I'd say the light-heavyweight title but of course the WWE decided to fuck that off for reasons best known to themselves. And looking at the light-heavyweights they have on the roster now, it would be one of the more exciting parts of the current WWE.

But since they don't have it, I'd like to see Kidd get a run with the IC Title. Kofi has had his chances and I don't think fans really care much for him anymore, unless he makes a heel turn with the "wildcat" gimmick. So I'd let Kidd get a run and see how he does.

But since they don't have it, I'd like to see Kidd get a run with the IC Title. Kofi has had his chances and I don't think fans really care much for him anymore, unless he makes a heel turn with the "wildcat" gimmick. So I'd let Kidd get a run and see how he does.

C'mon now, Kofi's on a completely different planet from Tyson Kidd in terms of the overall picture. He's spectacular, colourful, marketable, charismatic, looks like a star, is a big favourite of the kids, carries himself well outside the ring in terms of PR and the like, and is as capable of putting on good matches as the next guy. He's arguably the most popular guy on the midcard after Rey. He gets a lot of flak on the internet, but imo that's more the fault of creative and less to do with him lacking the talent.

Tyson Kidd is just a guy. Mechanically he's good, but he has very little about him in terms of attributes that suggest he's able to go much further up the ladder than he already is. That's not a knock on him; I quite like him, he's fine for bringing the workrate on Superstars, he does neat stuff and entertains in his own way. But he's just not title material; he has no aura about him, isn't the type of guy who can command attention, isn;t particularly likeable/dislikeable, and I presume he doesn't have fantastic mic skills, otherwise we'd have heard a lot more of him by now. Really, the only distinguishable thing about him was that little tuft of hair that helped give him a face you'd never tire of punching, but as a fan favourite, he's about as vanilla as they come.

• Paid Members

He and Gabriel have a chance of making it as "this generations Rockers" if they stay together long enough, because they're flashy high flyers and quite smooth with it. And I think Tyson would be pleased with that lot if it meant regular TV (hence job security) and possibly another tag title run. Which is a distinct possibility when THN finally lose the titles to the Players, and they realize Rey belongs further up the card and Cara needs deporting.

C'mon now, Kofi's on a completely different planet from Tyson Kidd in terms of the overall picture. He's spectacular, colourful, marketable, charismatic, looks like a star, is a big favourite of the kids, carries himself well outside the ring in terms of PR and the like, and is as capable of putting on good matches as the next guy. He's arguably the most popular guy on the midcard after Rey. He gets a lot of flak on the internet, but imo that's more the fault of creative and less to do with him lacking the talent.

Tyson Kidd is just a guy. Mechanically he's good, but he has very little about him in terms of attributes that suggest he's able to go much further up the ladder than he already is. That's not a knock on him; I quite like him, he's fine for bringing the workrate on Superstars, he does neat stuff and entertains in his own way. But he's just not title material; he has no aura about him, isn't the type of guy who can command attention, isn;t particularly likeable/dislikeable, and I presume he doesn't have fantastic mic skills, otherwise we'd have heard a lot more of him by now. Really, the only distinguishable thing about him was that little tuft of hair that helped give him a face you'd never tire of punching, but as a fan favourite, he's about as vanilla as they come.

I'll be honest, I like Kofi but he's gone none further than where he is right now with countless chances. He has title run then gets another tag team then another title run then another tag team then another title run. He may well be all the things you listed but there's still no real excitement surrounding him (for me at least) - possibly the fault of the creative. I think my main problem is I've seen this Kofi for god knows how long and I'm bored of it. I want something new, though based on tonight's RAW we might be getting a new IC champ in the not too distant future.

His moves are generally quite smooth and he can provide some excitement with his high flying. I wouldn't worry too much about being good on the mic, I've heard people questions HBK's ability on the mic. And I'd just like to see him get a title run, if it doesn't work then it doesn't work. But at the moment, I don't think either of the midcard titles are getting much excitement anyway so they wouldn't be losing much.

• Paid Members
He and Gabriel have a chance of making it as "this generations Rockers" if they stay together long enough, because they're flashy high flyers and quite smooth with it.

The Rockers showed personality and charisma, even without talking or hitting offence. Tyson has the potential to somewhat achieve that.

Not with Gabriel though. Yes, his 'flashy' moves are solid but they garner no reaction and he looks devoid of any emotion or agression when pulling them off.

Case in point, his match at HIAC against Antonio C. Gabriel has the spotlight for his comback spots and what does he do? Act fired up, get the crowd into into and then attack with high impact offence? Nope; he pulls of a dull looking springboard moonsault that looked like it was being performed during practice instead of a PPV match. Cue loads of other indyriffic offence from JG (which had no effect on the crowd) before Antonio shuts him and his CAW moveset up with a lovely uppercut.

Gabriel needs to learn to connect with the WWE crowd as right now all he relies on are his 2002-era indy moves. He showed flashes of prospect during the Nexus era, where he would give a death stare before hitting the 450. Great stuff, it looked like he legit killed the oppenant when he did it, all due to a little characterisation. Some people can get by how crisp and finely tuney their flashy moves are because they put extra effort into them (PAC is a great example of this) and others need a little personality to go with it (See Ricochet). But just pulling off 'textbook' looking moves does nothing but make you look like, and i hate using this term, a spot-monkey.

Archived