WWE Survivor Series 2012

Cobra1000

What's worse- that, or every fucker getting pinned every other week on TV, like the situation we have now?

Absolutely anyone could be pinned or tapped out in the traditional Survivor Series match this Sunday and no fucks will be given.

I wouldn't mind seeing a little over-protection where the booking is concerned nowadays.

I'm slowly making my way through 1991 via every episode of SuperStars and Jesus Christ is it awesome. Even though I've seen the PPVs umpteen times over the years the whole card means something. The wrestlers feel like they're each someone special because they beat up "wannabe's" every week. The episode of SuperStars I watched the other week started with Earthquake vs Tugboat and I can't tell you how excited I was to be watching that because it meant so much more. Guys winning and losing meant something - heck guys simply interacting with one another meant something and that was part of the huge sell of the Survivor Series much like the Royal Rumble.

I still think the classic Survivor Series format could work personally especially when it comes to building and setting things up.

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I still think the classic Survivor Series format could work personally especially when it comes to building and setting things up.

It doesn't, though, for the reasons you mentioned. There's no novelty in it. Tag team matches building up singles feuds are what happen on Raw and SmackDown all the time. Especially now, when WWE does almost nothing but matches. Survivor Series would be more of a novelty if it was just three hours of people shagging grannies or dummies, blowing up buses and pushing pregnancy-faking women down the steps.

• Paid Members
Besides the concussion that Cody Rhodes suffered from landing badly on a backdrop given by Kane on Tuesday night in the match taped for main event, he also suffered a torn trapezius muscle, a torn deltoid and a separated shoulder.

WWE has not officially removed him from tomorrow's Surivvor Series match but one would expect that to be the case.

Wonder who will replace Cody? Who seems the obvious choice who isn't wrestling?

he also suffered a torn trapezius muscle, a torn deltoid and a separated shoulder.

All that plus a concussion. Jesus. That's one hell of a backdrop.

Tensai is probably the best available replacement. Though, I'd love it if they did a story where they couldn't find a suitable replacement in time and Heyman was forced to be the 5th guy.

I'd go with Otunga rather than Albert as the Survivor Series replacement. Anyway, some time off is good for Cody Rhodes. He's been shit for a year now, hopefully he'll come back more interesting. Sandow is fine as a singles wrestler, he doesn't need to be in a team. And if they're determined to put him in a team, Otunga's a good partner for him as well. Best-case scenario, the Prime Time Players stop fighting Mysterio and Sin Cara every week and have a proper storyline with Team Hell No.

Besides the concussion that Cody Rhodes suffered from landing badly on a backdrop given by Kane on Tuesday night in the match taped for main event, he also suffered a torn trapezius muscle, a torn deltoid and a separated shoulder.

WWE has not officially removed him from tomorrow's Surivvor Series match but one would expect that to be the case.

Tensai was the world on the street, or F4W, this week.

There is also a rumour it'll be Swagger. That would be better. I can imagine if the live crowd is expecting a mystery replacement, rather than it having been announced earlier, then when Tensai's music hits they'll all just groan together. Not necessarily because they don't like him, it just won't be interesting. At least if it's Swagger because they haven't seen him for a few months there'll at least be a surprise 'pop'.

• Paid Members

Tensai was the world on the street, or F4W, this week.

There is also a rumour it'll be Swagger. That would be better. I can imagine if the live crowd is expecting a mystery replacement, rather than it having been announced earlier, then when Tensai's music hits they'll all just groan together. Not necessarily because they don't like him, it just won't be interesting. At least if it's Swagger because they haven't seen him for a few months there'll at least be a surprise 'pop'.

A friend of mine who watches WWE said that Swagger is getting a major overhaul with his character, sporting long hair and a beard. Any truth to that at all.?

• Moderators

I heard/read he was meant to be getting a bit of a repackage while he was off TV(which is probably for the best), so it could be true. I dunno. I'll check his twitter for CLUES.

EDIT: His fit missus put this picture on her twitter a couple of days ago.

http://instagram.com/p/SD90tFSjg_/

• Paid Members

Bloody hell. That's a lot of hurt from one bad landing. Reminds me of when Big Dave, Orton and Buh Buh all got hurt in the same tag match.

• Paid Members

I assume the booking meeting where that was discussed went along the lines of "In his time off, get him to grow his previously spiked-up hair out a bit, slick it back, and grow a bit of facial hair. He'll feel like a whole new wrestler when he comes back. Hey, it worked for The Miz..."

Archived