Jump to content

The Random/Weird/Quirky Photo Thread


EdgarTheSlouch

Recommended Posts

  • Replies 10k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Posted

 

I particularly remember the "fan favourite" matches where supposedly a fan would write in saying their dream match was Jim Duggan vs Typhoon or something of similar calibre.

 

I loved the way they made it seem like the fan chose any match they felt like and then it happens straight away.

 

I'd guess the fan was given a list of 5 matches that had been recorded already and asked to "select" one of those.

 

The brother of someone I went to school with actually was actually 'picked' to pick a match. Pretty sure it was something Like Lawler/Undertaker.

Posted

They had one in 1994 and it was pretty fun, Lawler's great in it.

 

That did make it onto one of the SilverVision tagged classics, can't remember what it was called off the top of my head.

Onyx2 to the thread please

It was on "He Buries Them Alive".

  • Paid Members
Posted

 

Why aren't they on the network? Are there rights issues or something? Just about every one of those tapes had a great, ***1/2+ match on it. Admittedly a lot of garbage as well.

They'd be best off doing a 'best of' kinda thing. Including some of the best matches like Hart/Steiners and cutting out the crap and all the (now dated) cheesy segments like dining with Yokozuna.

 

Get to fuck, that was the best part of the tapes!

Posted

 

 

Why aren't they on the network? Are there rights issues or something? Just about every one of those tapes had a great, ***1/2+ match on it. Admittedly a lot of garbage as well.

They'd be best off doing a 'best of' kinda thing. Including some of the best matches like Hart/Steiners and cutting out the crap and all the (now dated) cheesy segments like dining with Yokozuna.

 

Get to fuck, that was the best part of the tapes!

 

I watched the Yokozuna one recently, it was funny.

 

Slick teaching Kamala ten pin bowling was also great in Invasion of the Bodyslammers.

Posted

 

Some of my faves from those tapes were

 

Paul Bearer doing a skit in funeral home, classic line : "here's what i made for my school project........a guillotine!" His delivery is hilarious:

 

Sherri Martel doing makeup on a fan and royally taking the piss (can I admit now I totally had a thing for Sherri)

 

Heenan and Monsoon on the golf course featuring some brilliantly blatant Heenan cheating!

 

Wrestling was so much fun back then!

  • Paid Members
Posted

I particularly remember the "fan favourite" matches where supposedly a fan would write in saying their dream match was Jim Duggan vs Typhoon or something of similar calibre.

 

I believe I seen one of those were somebody "requested" Koko B. Ware vs The Brooklyn Brawler. Birdman nearly killed the Brawler with a brainbuster suplex, which is probably the only time I seen Ware ever win a match (in singles).

  • Paid Members
Posted

(can I admit now I totally had a thing for Sherri)

She was absolutely smoking hot and looked like posh filth. She still looked great given her age when she rocked up with Kurt in 05.

Posted

Thigh high white boots when with Shawn, no shame there

  • Paid Members
Posted

We need a thread for all those skits back in early 90's. I remember one were Gorilla and Bobby's car broke down must be around 92. 

Alfred from London rings a bell too but can't remember if he was actually there or just greenscreened in background. 

  • Paid Members
Posted

We need a thread for all those skits back in early 90's. I remember one were Gorilla and Bobby's car broke down must be around 92.

 

Alfred from London rings a bell too but can't remember if he was actually there or just greenscreened in background.

agreed, set it up.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

×
×
  • Create New...