The Random/Weird/Quirky Photo Thread

EdgarTheSlouch

• Paid Members

Holy shit. I've seen pictures of wrestling turtles from all kinds of indy and lucha promotions before, but never this! I used to love reading WrestleCrap entries so I am stunned that I've not heard of this before, even if it was a one-off house show deal.

They probably kept it so quiet because those guys likely suffocated in those suits. Imagine getting a sweat on in those fucking things.

Edit: I just read that one of the turtles was Gillberg! haha. The story is up on WWE.com.

Edited by Arch Stanton

• Paid Members

Too much like the Ninja Turtles lol. Seems a bit mental the WWF were going to do this. Just asking to get hit with a law-suit. Is this a Jerry Jarrett idea? A WCW like move.

Edited by bAzTNM#1

• Paid Members

Thing is, those outfits are so poor I believe its the same ones any indy group or UK based show used for Ninja Turtles at the time. A shitty fancy dress costume. You think the WWF would have had better quality control when it came to their turtles.

Even Cowabunga - the wrestling Ninja Turtle - had a better mask.

10946261_1399296740372926_475591071_n.jp

And these guys are just amazing. Really working the Turtles gimmick to the fullest.

QIOaAK_zpsmvlgjs39.gif

Edited by IANdrewDiceClay

• Paid Members

WWE.com interviewed Duane Gill about it. Here it is... http://www.wwe.com/article/gillberg-battling-turtles-interview

The story explains where the suits came from and how they came to work a match in them. It wasn't a failed WWE creative experiment or anything like that, just a case of Gill turning up at a show with the suits, which he had made, Vince finding it funny and throwing them out there for a match on a whim.

• Paid Members

When did that happen? By the look of the entrance way in the second picture, that gorgeous neon affair, I'm guessing either 92 or 93?

TheHistoryofWWE is saying..

WWF @ Augusta, GA - Civic Center - March 9, 1993 (8,000; sell out)

Wrestling Challenge taping:

Jim Ross was in attendance at the show

Timmy & Tommy Turtle (Barry Hardy & Duane Gill) defeated Tommy Stevenson & Ron Preston