Moderators Chest Rockwell Posted June 3, 2016 Moderators Posted June 3, 2016 It's never unwarranted when it's c-rock.
Paid Members Scott Malbranque Posted June 3, 2016 Paid Members Posted June 3, 2016 I don't know where to put this. It's HBK putting Janetty through the perspex... NSFW
UK Kat Von D Posted June 3, 2016 Posted June 3, 2016 Micheals looks like he needs to find a better fitting cock ring. He is doing it all wrong
Paid Members Tommy! Posted June 4, 2016 Paid Members Posted June 4, 2016 I assume that's from a weekend Ali and Andre spent in a Blackpool guesthouse?
Paid Members Scott Malbranque Posted June 4, 2016 Paid Members Posted June 4, 2016 Aye, that's the same place where Cannon and Ball used to have residency.
Paid Members IANdrewDiceClay Posted June 4, 2016 Paid Members Posted June 4, 2016 Here's one I've never heard of. The Battling Turtles, who had one match in WWF and were never seen on TV.
Paid Members Arch Stanton Posted June 4, 2016 Paid Members Posted June 4, 2016 Holy shit. I've seen pictures of wrestling turtles from all kinds of indy and lucha promotions before, but never this! I used to love reading WrestleCrap entries so I am stunned that I've not heard of this before, even if it was a one-off house show deal. They probably kept it so quiet because those guys likely suffocated in those suits. Imagine getting a sweat on in those fucking things. Edit: I just read that one of the turtles was Gillberg! haha. The story is up on WWE.com.
Paid Members bAzTNM#1 Posted June 4, 2016 Paid Members Posted June 4, 2016 Too much like the Ninja Turtles lol. Seems a bit mental the WWF were going to do this. Just asking to get hit with a law-suit. Is this a Jerry Jarrett idea? A WCW like move.
NEWM Posted June 4, 2016 Posted June 4, 2016 That is nuts! Almost seems like a wind-up, seems so un-WWF, of any time period.
Paid Members IANdrewDiceClay Posted June 4, 2016 Paid Members Posted June 4, 2016 Thing is, those outfits are so poor I believe its the same ones any indy group or UK based show used for Ninja Turtles at the time. A shitty fancy dress costume. You think the WWF would have had better quality control when it came to their turtles. Even Cowabunga - the wrestling Ninja Turtle - had a better mask. And these guys are just amazing. Really working the Turtles gimmick to the fullest.
Paid Members Arch Stanton Posted June 4, 2016 Paid Members Posted June 4, 2016 WWE.com interviewed Duane Gill about it. Here it is... http://www.wwe.com/article/gillberg-battling-turtles-interview The story explains where the suits came from and how they came to work a match in them. It wasn't a failed WWE creative experiment or anything like that, just a case of Gill turning up at a show with the suits, which he had made, Vince finding it funny and throwing them out there for a match on a whim.
WyattSheepMask Posted June 4, 2016 Posted June 4, 2016 When did that happen? By the look of the entrance way in the second picture, that gorgeous neon affair, I'm guessing either 92 or 93?
Paid Members bAzTNM#1 Posted June 5, 2016 Paid Members Posted June 5, 2016 When did that happen? By the look of the entrance way in the second picture, that gorgeous neon affair, I'm guessing either 92 or 93? TheHistoryofWWE is saying.. WWF @ Augusta, GA - Civic Center - March 9, 1993 (8,000; sell out)Wrestling Challenge taping: Jim Ross was in attendance at the show Timmy & Tommy Turtle (Barry Hardy & Duane Gill) defeated Tommy Stevenson & Ron Preston
Paid Members tiger_rick Posted June 5, 2016 Paid Members Posted June 5, 2016 I'd say 1993 was after the Turtles craze had died down too. That fair or am I remembering wrong?
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.