The Random/Weird/Quirky Photo Thread

EdgarTheSlouch

I'm also going through the late-94/early-95 Raws and I'm amazed how shit and small time it all seems. No wonder the WWF was on its arse in this era. Virtually ALL of the big hitters circa 91/92 - Warrior, Hogan, Mr Perfect, Jake the Snake, LOD, Ric Flair, and now Randy Savage - had all fucked off. Bob sodding Backlund had a turn with the belt. In the space of 2 years they've gone from headlining Wembley to running shows in tiny venues in places like the "Fernwood Resort" in Bushkill, Pennsylvania which I presume is like Butlins, but shitter.

Duke The Dumpster Droese is making regular appearances. The phrase "New Generation" is getting the push that "WWE Universe" currently enjoys. Lex Luger is treading water as an embarrassing midcard flop. Worst of all is Shawn Michaels' tragic hair. He's finally growing out the front of his mullet and it's painful to look at.

19950220_kingscourt.jpg

When you hear the old timers talking about how the WWF was dangerously close to going under in the mid-90s, you can see why. As a kid I don't recall making a conscious decision to stop watching WWF, but you can see why so many of us turned off in droves.

Edit: Sorry - thought this was the 'thoughts that don't warrant a thread' thread. But at least I added a photo.

Edited by matbro1984

• Paid Members

Bravo was quite funny with some of his over-excited celebrations and I never failed to chuckle when he'd just run around Earthquake. Definitely on the list of the 10 most boring wrestlers I've ever had the misfortune to watch though - if I could be arsed to write such a list.

Bravo was quite funny with some of his over-excited celebrations and I never failed to chuckle when he'd just run around Earthquake. Definitely on the list of the 10 most boring wrestlers I've ever had the misfortune to watch though - if I could be arsed to write such a list.

Brings back the horror of that match with Bret Hart on the WWF World Tour 89/90 VHS tape - the most boring match ever!

First show I ever went to had Dino versus El Matador. Words can't express how dull it was, yet still not as bad as Slaughter and Mustaffa earlier on the night. My main thought on the night was probably "why hasn't Dino got white hair". Must be his second last WWF match, as I don't think he worked for them again after the following day's show (him and Mustaffa vs LOD at the Sheffield taping).