The Random/Weird/Quirky Photo Thread

EdgarTheSlouch

1991's version of Argos. I'm going to go as far and say they still had a warehouse full of Sting and Luger left for the 1992 catalog.

ArgosSimpsonsWrestlers.jpg

I posted these scans in the old "vintage toys" thread. My head exploded upon finding them. Something about looking at old catalogs that does it for me. Batman, Turtles, Ghostbusters, they all looked so much better in Argos.

Cant agree with the WCW ring, though. It had a cage, fair enough, but it was so tiny. The big blue hasbro ring was amazing for Royal Rumbles and Survivor Series matches.

One thing Argos NEVER did...

With the wrestling "BOOM" why didn't they have seperate WWF/WCW catalouges? 

One thing Argos NEVER did...

With the wrestling "BOOM" why didn't they have seperate WWF/WCW catalouges?

What?

He's asking why Argos didn't release a full WWF catalogue along with a full WCW catalogue during the boom period. A fair question considering he's FUCKING MAD

1991's version of Argos. I'm going to go as far and say they still had a warehouse full of Sting and Luger left for the 1992 catalog.

ArgosSimpsonsWrestlers.jpg

I posted these scans in the old "vintage toys" thread. My head exploded upon finding them. Something about looking at old catalogs that does it for me. Batman, Turtles, Ghostbusters, they all looked so much better in Argos.

Cant agree with the WCW ring, though. It had a cage, fair enough, but it was so tiny. The big blue hasbro ring was amazing for Royal Rumbles and Survivor Series matches.

I always thought that the snake that came with Jake's figure was wrapped around him like that just for the design while it was in the packaging. And then when i actually got Jake's figure i was surprised that the snake was shaped like that. I had assumed that you would've been able to straighten it out. Hogan's figure was always fucking sold out at our local Argos.

• Paid Members

Used to get so excited as a kid when the new Argos and Index catalogues would come out.

I love some of the corny product descriptions...

'Lex Luger and Sting, the two 'Dudes with Attitudes' are ready for action and prepared to take on another tag team who wish to challenge their might'.

*Argos doesn't sell another tag team*

I had the wcw ring and the wwf one. The wcw ring pissed all over the wwf one but the wcw figures were terrible.werent they just made of hard rubber.like the cheap ones you can get in poundland now.

I cant remember a sting brawling buddy. Id bloody love that now :-)