The Random/Weird/Quirky Photo Thread

EdgarTheSlouch

wr0001.jpg

Whilst not the most random, weirdest or quirkiest image in this thread by some way, I'm really glad this one has popped up, as it's something of an iconic image for me. I seem to recall it being featured prominently on a piece of merchandise I had - may have been a double-sticker in one of the sticker books, may have been featured on one of those collage wallchart things the Daily Mirror did c. 1992, may have even been on one of those odd WWF combs with a picture of a wrestler in action at the top (to this day I have the one with the Warrior pressing a moustachioed jobber in oddly Savage-esque tights).

Anyhow, for about 20 years now, I've been oddly fascinated by the masked man Hawk is manhandling - who was he, both gimmick-wise and in reality? Even as a kid I knew that, as I didn't recognise him from TV or anywhere other than in that picture he wasn't a 'superstar', but equally he looked very different to the other guys who got beat up on (ironically) Superstars every week. And how could a man who walked around wearing a wicked looking skull mask with "Agony" written on his tights not be a superstar??

Anyway, can anyone settle my curiosity all these years later?

It's one of the Executioners

Probably Barry Hardy.

wr0001.jpg

Whilst not the most random, weirdest or quirkiest image in this thread by some way, I'm really glad this one has popped up, as it's something of an iconic image for me. I seem to recall it being featured prominently on a piece of merchandise I had - may have been a double-sticker in one of the sticker books, may have been featured on one of those collage wallchart things the Daily Mirror did c. 1992, may have even been on one of those odd WWF combs with a picture of a wrestler in action at the top (to this day I have the one with the Warrior pressing a moustachioed jobber in oddly Savage-esque tights).

I have a feeling it may have been in this

1.12492IMG_8322.jpg