Rule One Posted March 18, 2013 Posted March 18, 2013 Very true. In photos it looks like the most exciting crazy best thing ever, then in reality it's just two fat blokes stabbing each other. Danny Havoc, Drake Younger, Devon Moore, Scotty Vortekz, Nick Gage, Jon Moxley, JC Bailey, Sexxxy Eddie, Necro Butcher, Thumbtack Jack, Nick Mondo
EdgarTheSlouch Posted March 18, 2013 Author Posted March 18, 2013 I don't think anyone is making any excessive
Paid Members PunkStep Posted March 18, 2013 Paid Members Posted March 18, 2013 Damn.... He's like Uncle Benny from Lethal Weapon 4. Looks nothing like the bowler hat wearing/salt throwing Mr Fuji we all know. Exactly what I was thinking, and he's totally been on the gas and air as well! As Woy said, just looks like an old Chinaman to me. He needs to work on a fu-manchu, though.
Paid Members Arch Stanton Posted March 18, 2013 Paid Members Posted March 18, 2013 Old Japanese blokes all look about 100 by the time they're in their seventies. Fuji's probably got about twenty years left in.
Dean Ayass Posted March 19, 2013 Posted March 19, 2013 Mr. Fuji's a 77 year old Hawaiian man, and that's how he looks, that's all. He'll be going for years yet. Fixed, as they say.
King Coconut Posted March 19, 2013 Posted March 19, 2013 I don't think anyone is making any excessive
Richie Freebird Posted March 19, 2013 Posted March 19, 2013 Sorry Richie but Zandig has never been fat... he just has a gut full of muscle! (Its a hernia which he didn't have an operation on which has only got worse.) Personally, I always liked Zandig
Moderators Chest Rockwell Posted March 19, 2013 Moderators Posted March 19, 2013 I made the death pool comment. It was pretty much made out of the same emotional reaction as you described - in my mind he still looked the same as he did back on TV years ago and it was just a bit of a shock to see him like that. I really don't think the comments require Mr Coconut's expert over-analyisis.
Moderators PowerButchi Posted March 19, 2013 Moderators Posted March 19, 2013 The overall point that there is a wider range of looks and body types in the deathmatch scene than the stereotype suggests still stands though. Basically anything but looking like a wrestler. I really don't think the comments require Mr Coconut's expert over-analyisis. Now, come on. It really isn't over-analysis, is it? "He just looks like an old man". I'd say over analysis is deciding he looks ill or dying or something just because he looks like an old man.
King Coconut Posted March 19, 2013 Posted March 19, 2013 I made the death pool comment. It was pretty much made out of the same emotional reaction as you described - in my mind he still looked the same as he did back on TV years ago and it was just a bit of a shock to see him like that. I really don't think the comments require Mr Coconut's expert over-analyisis. It was just a comment on a discussion forum. Like Butch said, over-analysis is something else.
Paid Members JNLister Posted March 19, 2013 Paid Members Posted March 19, 2013 In the same vein as the "Where's Randy Savage?" meme, the folks at the PWO forum have started a thread where a certain wrestler is shown to have a Forrest Gump style record of being present at historic moments. Some examples:
Paid Members Arch Stanton Posted March 19, 2013 Paid Members Posted March 19, 2013 Mr. Fuji's a 77 year old Hawaiian man, and that's how he looks, that's all. He'll be going for years yet. Fixed, as they say. Well if you're going to be pedantic, he was born in Hawaii, but he's actually Japanese-American. He's got Jap genetics.
Moderators PowerButchi Posted March 19, 2013 Moderators Posted March 19, 2013 In the same vein as the "Where's Randy Savage?" meme, the folks at the PWO forum have started a thread where a certain wrestler is shown to have a Forrest Gump style record of being present at historic moments. Some examples: Jerry Von Kramer aside, I love PWO.
Chris Brooker Posted March 20, 2013 Posted March 20, 2013 Taken from the rather amusing Thumbs & Ammo Blog.
Ant Posted March 20, 2013 Posted March 20, 2013 Giant Haystacks. I guess the last one is one of the final pictures of him. Cor, safe bet. Never seen this before. I bought the News of the World to read the interview that accompanied these pics. I expect that it will be of little surprise that Haystacks was dead weeks/no more than a couple of months later.
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.