Jimmy Saville

jimufctna24

Opinion  

258 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 986
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Lots of rumours of other 'celebs' being implicated in the shit storm. There's even been some talk going around that Jeremy Beadle may have had a small hand in it.

Well, that didn't take long. Already been thrown out a couple of pages back as well.

• Moderators
Lots of rumours of other 'celebs' being implicated in the shit storm. There's even been some talk going around that Jeremy Beadle may have had a small hand in it.

One week suspension. For others the suspension length doubles with each "joke" too.

• Paid Members
Or you could piss off now and prevent that from happening.

Wouldn't solve anything. Theres people who've said much worse than me regularly.

It's worth a try though, I can assure you it's not going to make things worse.

• Paid Members
My take on it is that there certainly seems to be compelling evidence that he was probably an abuser, but that a great deal of what's currently being reported is most likely fantasist bollocks. Part of the motivation for that will be commercial; part of it will be based on agendas (witness the pronounced attacks on the BBC and the NHS). I also agree that there's a large degree of scapegoating in it, in that the more sensationalist the stories they bring out on Savile, the more they can paint him as a kind of folk devil or pantomime villain, an exceptional case which prevents the need to look any deeper and out living celebrities who still have power and influence to abuse.

There certainly appears to be some truth to this. One alleged victim from Broadmoor insisted that his work as a night porter didn't actually happen, and that his "golden keys to Broadmoor" wasn't a metaphor, as she actually saw the keys, and they were actually made of gold.

I've just read Savile's 1974 autobiography, and even allowing for some exaggeration, the number of women throwing themselves at him is huge. There was absolutely no need for him to take advantage or rape, as women were literally fighting each other to be the one to get his cock. It makes me wonder if it's like the situation that Jake Roberts talks of in

, where after a while one woman isn't enough, then two aren't enough, and the need for some sort of taboo leads them into more bizarre and extreme situations.

And of course came yesterday the first male victim, because if there's one thing Billy Britain hates more than a paedophile, it's a gay paedophile.

Someone might have mentioned this already but in one of Irvine Welsh's books theres a character that is CLEARLY a pastiche of Saville who does charity work for hospitals and has an arrangement with another character that works in the morgue to let him go in there and have sex with corpses. This book came out years ago, in the mid 90s.

A Knight Templar protector of the holy realm, a bloodthirsty 13th century Hungarian tyrant, and a British DJ who hung out with Dave Lee Travis and Frank Bruno. It

Archived