Jimmy Saville

jimufctna24

Opinion  

258 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 986
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I wonder how many fans will excuse John Peel knocking up a 15 year old because he played good tunes?

How much information is out there on these Peel claims? If they are wanting to go after former Radio 1 lads, Steve Wright is still alive and available for scandal. I hope he gets dragged into it, the annoying twats.

Not to take away from the horribleness of the accusations, but I can't get past the fact that the way this story is being covered by the media is making the whole episode feels like some sort of dark parody written by Chris Morris.The whole notion of this bizarre looking bloke spending 40 years just waltzing in and out of hospitals, children's homes and the like, sticking his hands down girl's skirts and taking kids out for "rides in his car" just seems too mad to be real. It's not even the case that he seemed like a totally normal bloke who had been sly and cunning about it all; he's always looked odd as fuck. In his younger days he looked like a crazy-eyed wrong-en, and as he got older he looked like a tramp who had found a shell-suit and a bag of fake jewellery. Yet this bloke was allowed to just wander around doing whatever he did, while half the people who ever worked with him were thinking "Jimmy's a bit strange, isn't he" yet doing fuck all about it.The whole thing could have been a Brasseye special.

Ian Hislop brought up a very good point on that on Have I Got News For You. Saville hid in plain sight. Really that was probably his best defence. That's the other thing with people saying that they 'knew' something was going on. I'm pretty sure some of them mean that they suspected something was going on. But when you don't have proof and when everybody makes jokes like that because of his persona it's hard to do anything about it. Although I think it's worth finding out who did actually know (not victims obviously) and challenging them for not saying anything. Which doesn't mean pointing a figner at every Tom, Dick and Harry who made a joke about it.

I wonder how many fans will excuse John Peel knocking up a 15 year old because he played good tunes?

I can't see the papers reporting on every lady who got there pasty smashed back stage at a rock concert when they were 14/15 in the 60s/70s but there must have been a lot of that shit going on across the board. Must suck to be a former BBC entertainer right now. Incidentally I know a shit load of girls who had a bit from exotic older lads with fancy turbo injected cars when they would have been under age and probably even more lads who have par took in these shenanigans. At least two lads I know have been done for it. Not saying it's right but it's sure as hell rife.

• Paid Members

The bit from the documentary that got me the most was when after the girls described what happened when they were 15/16 the voiceover shoehorned in "they kept continued a relationship with Savile until their early 20's." There's too many people coming forward for him not too be guilty as sin but trial by media is awful.

The bit from the documentary that got me the most was when after the girls described what happened when they were 15/16 the voiceover shoehorned in "they kept continued a relationship with Savile until their early 20's." There's too many people coming forward for him not too be guilty as sin but trial by media is awful.

From what I saw of the documentary, I thought stuff like that and the woman who saw him backstage with a girl who 'looked about 15' cheapened it a bit. There are plenty of 18 year old girls who 'look about 15', and plenty of 15 year old girls who look about 18. There are evidently enough legitimate claims coming to light about him, so why mix them up with speculative nonsense/noncesense?

I love the fact that in spite of the police coming out and saying "it seems he was a predatory wrong-en" and dozens and dozens of new "victims" coming forward - he's still only one vote ahead of "Now Then, Now Then" in the UKFF poll, rather than it being a "Sinister" whitewash. I bet Jimmy loved a "sinister white-washing". Dirty feck!

Archived