Jimmy Saville

jimufctna24

Opinion  

258 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

It doesn't help either with the inevitable unintentional comedy of tabloid coverage like The Mirror repeatedly referring to his camper van as 'Savile's Sex Wagon'. That makes it sound like an Alan Partridge programme idea for a Channel 5 dating show (one which I'd probably still prefer to Take Me Out).

• Replies 986
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

The Star being the Star don't seemingly care with what they put in the headlines. There was one the other day where they said he might be the head of sex ring at the BBC. It's a mental story, Graham Linehan made some great points about the papers and people and there using this story as a canon to criticise other things.

• Paid Members

People forget that Savile was a heavy duty gangster back in the day. Nobody wanted to go up to him and basically say "You a nonce then?" because of that.

Before you got a chance to do your Savile impression and say "NOW THEN! NOW THEN!", you'd be lying face-down in the nearest river somewhere.

Although i've kept reasonably up to date with the goings on via the BBC news website i've not really read anything about it in the papers until today.

What caught my attention is that he is quite openly being referred to as a pervert. Not prefixed with an 'alleged' or 'supposed' just directly called a pervert. I think i am right in saying if he was still alive then it would be part of pending or ongoing criminal investigation given the evidence but still innocent till proven guilty so surely they wouldn't / shouldn't be able to flatly refer to him in this context ? Or are they just going with that because there is no comeback on it since he is dead?

On that note is anyone even speaking out for Savile? I know he was a recluse and never married and given his age i'd imagine siblings would be dead so it would only really leave nieces and nephews and possibly the people who were high up in his charity organisations.

• Paid Members
Although i've kept reasonably up to date with the goings on via the BBC news website i've not really read anything about it in the papers until today.

What caught my attention is that he is quite openly being referred to as a pervert. Not prefixed with an 'alleged' or 'supposed' just directly called a pervert. I think i am right in saying if he was still alive then it would be part of pending or ongoing criminal investigation given the evidence but still innocent till proven guilty so surely they wouldn't / shouldn't be able to flatly refer to him in this context ? Or are they just going with that because there is no comeback on it since he is dead?

On that note is anyone even speaking out for Savile? I know he was a recluse and never married and given his age i'd imagine siblings would be dead so it would only really leave nieces and nephews and possibly the people who were high up in his charity organisations.

I imagine charities will want nothing to do with this. If they come out and defend him and he gets proven guilty (which looks to be as good as done already) then they're left as the charity that not only got money from a pervert but publicly defended him.

• Paid Members

I imagine charities will want nothing to do with this. If they come out and defend him and he gets proven guilty (which looks to be as good as done already) then they're left as the charity that not only got money from a pervert but publicly defended him.

Some bloke called into 5 live this past Friday and was defending Saville strenuously. Insisting Saville was not an abuser. His reasoning didn't go beyond Saville having raised millions for charity. It was quite weird that he wanted to completely dismiss any and all accusations on this evidence. The caller was very passionate and emotional about his views.

• Paid Members
I caught a 'Savile had sex with dead bodies' headline today in a newspaper. Damn.

HOSPITAL TO PROBE JIMMY SAVILE'S LONE VISITS TO MORGUE

TWISTED Jimmy Savile may have sexually abused CORPSES as well as kids, it emerged last night.

Stoke Mandeville Hospital, where he worked as a volunteer, launched an investigation into his unaccompanied mortuary visits.

It came as The Sun uncovered an interview in which the former BBC TV and radio host spoke of his fascination with dead bodies.

The hospital, where Savile had his own room and allegedly abused several young patients, is probing whether he had keys to the mortuary or

Archived