Jimmy Saville

jimufctna24

Opinion  

258 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 986
  • Created
  • Last Reply

How can you live in a hospital, not work there, not be a patient, but still live there? Just sounds baffling.

I know Saville was connected but the level of control and influence he seems to have had is just insane, like you say how can someone just "live" in a hospital?Mental.

There's a fourth and fifth man. I wonder who they are?

I'd be amazed if it stopped at 4 and 5. However, the increasingly sensationalist stories emerging every day with a view to establishing Savile as The Most Evil Man Ever and preferably getting him dug up and burned like something out of Bram Stoker seem more and more to me like an attempt to shut Pandora's Box, so to speak. I'll be amazed if they properly go after all of the living celebrities implicated in abuse of underage girls, primarily because I imagine there are so many of them and there are a lot of people who will have to reassess their heroes and role models. Let's face it, British culture isn't really going to be any worse off if we never see a re-run of Jim'll Fix It or hear Leader of the Gang on Radio 1 again, but nobody really wants to look past the cheesy weirdo scapegoats and ask questions about people who are still considered culturally relevant and who still have access to expensive lawyers.EDIT: Also, Cheggers and Paul Chuckle for me. Based on no evidence whatsoever, obviously.

I'd be amazed if it stopped at 4 and 5. However, the increasingly sensationalist stories emerging every day with a view to establishing Savile as The Most Evil Man Ever and preferably getting him dug up and burned like something out of Bram Stoker seem more and more to me like an attempt to shut Pandora's Box, so to speak. I'll be amazed if they properly go after all of the living celebrities implicated in abuse of underage girls, primarily because I imagine there are so many of them and there are a lot of people who will have to reassess their heroes and role models.

Or reassess how outraged they get at the idea of someone shagging a teenager.

• Paid Members

Had a kids TV show, very touchy feely, liked throwing buckets of water over them, had a short lived adult version where he threw water over slightly older young ladies, pulled a (now famous) womans tits out when someone was taking a photo?No idea.

Not to take away from the horribleness of the accusations, but I can't get past the fact that the way this story is being covered by the media is making the whole episode feels like some sort of dark parody written by Chris Morris.The whole notion of this bizarre looking bloke spending 40 years just waltzing in and out of hospitals, children's homes and the like, sticking his hands down girl's skirts and taking kids out for "rides in his car" just seems too mad to be real. It's not even the case that he seemed like a totally normal bloke who had been sly and cunning about it all; he's always looked odd as fuck. In his younger days he looked like a crazy-eyed wrong-en, and as he got older he looked like a tramp who had found a shell-suit and a bag of fake jewellery. Yet this bloke was allowed to just wander around doing whatever he did, while half the people who ever worked with him were thinking "Jimmy's a bit strange, isn't he" yet doing fuck all about it.The whole thing could have been a Brasseye special.

• Paid Members

The level of alleged compliance, blind eye turning, and "I was horrified, but didn't mention it to anyone for 30 years" is beyond odd. The number of witnesses is in the hundreds now, and yet none of them thought to mention it in the 2007 investigation when the Police were taking it seriously? The nurse that supposedly watched him molesting the patient with brain damage. She couldn't intervene physically because of recent surgery, but she still had a voice. Why not shout "What the fuck are you doing?", or even mention it to someone later. I can't understand why anyone would sit and watch and do nothing until now.

The nurse that supposedly watched him molesting the patient with brain damage. She couldn't intervene physically because of recent surgery, but she still had a voice. Why not shout "What the fuck are you doing?", or even mention it to someone later. I can't understand why anyone would sit and watch and do nothing until now.

Perhaps she was quadra-spazzed on a life-glug?

Had a kids TV show, very touchy feely, liked throwing buckets of water over them, had a short lived adult version where he threw water over slightly older young ladies, pulled a (now famous) womans tits out when someone was taking a photo?No idea.
Who was the now famous woman, don't remember that

Archived