Jimmy Saville

jimufctna24

Opinion  

258 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 986
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

It was only a rumour, but I remember hearing something a while back about a journalist who'd been investigating Saville, and on the evening of the same day that he'd effectively informed Saville of this activity, he was beaten up pretty badly. Of course, no causal link proved, but it sounded dodgy.

It's only a rumour I've heard from a few people, so there could be nothing to it.

• Paid Members

Speaking of allegations of noncery, anyone remember the awkward as fuck Matthew Kelly interview with Frank Skinner after Kelly was cleared of paedoing?

Also, did anything ever happen with the whole John Leslie/Ulrika Jonsson thing in the end? Or was the allegation just a book selling tactic?

He did time, didn't he?

I'd agree that there's a difference between Jimmy Page shacking up with a 14 year old groupie, and Jimmy Saville tucking some fingers up a reluctant schoolgirl, and the difference is consent.

If you're in a position of authority over someone, then abusing that authority or trust to initiate sexual contact is predatory behaviour. Taking a willing groupie to bed isn't, although it's still statutory rape.

Although, I suppose to be fair you might argue that being a young girl's favourite rockstar is also a position of authority.

Speaking of allegations of noncery, anyone remember the awkward as fuck Matthew Kelly interview with Frank Skinner after Kelly was cleared of paedoing?

Also, did anything ever happen with the whole John Leslie/Ulrika Jonsson thing in the end? Or was the allegation just a book selling tactic?

The Skinner/Kelly interview was amazing television. The look on Skinner's face was amazing; I was waiting on him giving Kelly a couple of chops that would be no-sold, and then Skinner would drop to his knees begging for mercy. Kelly is such a big guy, so Skinner must have been concerned for his safety with how angry Kelly was.

• Paid Members
Although, I suppose to be fair you might argue that being a young girl's favourite rockstar is also a position of authority.

Plus filling them with coke & booze will lower their inhibitions (I imagine).

• Paid Members
He did time, didn't he?

Leslie? I don't think so. I remember him standing outside court with Abi Titmuss talking about how he'd been vindicated etc.

He was never actually charged with raping Ulrika though. She's never confirmed or denied if it was him she was talking about. Everybody just assumes it was because, if it wasn't, why wouldn't she say so instead of sitting back and watching his life be ruined by it?

I thought the Savile doc was all right. It might've been better if the papers hadn't already published all the shocking stuff though.

• Paid Members
Everyone assumed it was John Leslie because Matthew Wright blurted his name out live on TV. Leslie has ruined Stevie Wonder's My Cherie Amour for me anyway.

John Leslie's an interesting comparison, as there were rumours about him for years in television backstagery. It was hinted at when Vic Reeves came onto the This Morning set to stop Leslie giving his missus a massage.

When he was charged, and another 25 or so women came out to make similar allegations, lots of people claimed to not be surprised.

Archived