Random thoughts thread v2 *NO NEWS ITEMS*

tiger_rick

• Paid Members

Did the commentators say Nailz was a liar at the time, or did they talk about Bossman being reformed and that Nailz should forgive and forget?

Vince would bang on that however long Nailz was in prison, he must have deserved it, and that we should not believe anything he says about Boss Man. 100%, black and white, "Boss Man GOOD GUY, Nailz BAD GUY" like it always was in the glorious early 90s. No thought process, nice straight forward hero and villain panto in pants.

• Paid Members

Remember when Miz went on Blue Peter? It was hilarious. The presenter he was doing the make with seemed to be getting legit pissed at him.

• Paid Members

Just realised the DA020614 on the Dean Ambrose shirt like a prison code is the night Rollins turned on the Shield and he got unhinged. That's pretty nifty

It isn't in a US date format though. Wonder if it's deliberate?

I don't know why, but I have always got a kick out of seeing wrestlers wearing other wrestlers merch. Especially if it isn't done for any discernable reason or even acknowledged.

I remember Punk wearing Cesaro's shirt on TV once. Recently I have seen Bayley in a Sasha Banks shirt, Owens in a New Day shirt, Jericho in a Social Outcasts shirt, and more.

A few quick thoughts.

Firstly, a lot of finishers and submissions look naff but AJ Styles' calf crusher looks the business.

Secondly, do they still show wrestlers backstage as they walk towards the ramp before their entrance? Used to make some of the main eventers look great when they did it.

Finally, Meltzer tweeted saying he thought the Daniel Bryan farewell promo was the best WWE segment ever, surpassing Flair's retirement promo. They were both brilliant but I wouldn't say the best ever.

Edited by Undefeated Steak

• Paid Members

Fucking Byron Saxton.

I never thought that anything would have me yearning for the nuanced analysis of Jonathan Coachman or Todd Grisham, but this cunt does.

Has there ever been a more boring WWE announcer? Rob Bartlett was less dull and Mike Adamle was great value for a laugh. Byron Saxton has all the get up and go of a eunuchs man mallet. I hate him.

Edited by Gus Mears

• Paid Members

Saxton is such an odd one. Because he's on both shows so he must be there for a reason but all the other commentators ignore him 99% of the time and the 1% of the time they acknowledge him it's to belittle him. Even at the start of the show where they have the camera on them the guy in the middle always faces way from him. And when he does actually say anything it's the most generic thing possible and very rarely does anyone reply to him. On top of that it's not clear what his role is supposed to be. He's neither play by play or colour. So very strange.

• Paid Members

I'm convinced Saxton is a robot that's been programmed with Vince's favorite commentary cliches, and to be devoid of any semblance of emotion whatsoever. Vince probably calls him Shelton too.