Random thoughts thread v2 *NO NEWS ITEMS*

tiger_rick

*Minor spoilers*

Is anybody else struggling to enjoy WWE at the minute? The Austin and Triple H interview was the last straw. I can't get through an hour of Raw or Smackdown before turning it off. I couldn't care less about Fast Lane and this is the least I've ever anticipated a Wrestlemania.

I hate to moan about this because I'm trying to enjoy it. I've mentioned plenty of times already that aside from one or two shows through the year, I only watch Rumble to Mania so I'm certainly not suffering burnout.

If it wasn't for how much I like NXT and Lucha Underground I'd be worried that I'm losing interest in wrestling. Thankfully that's not the case.

Anyway, just wondered if anybody else is feeling the same this year?

Edited by Undefeated Steak

*Minor spoilers*

Is anybody else struggling to enjoy WWE at the minute? The Austin and Triple H interview was the last straw. I can't get through an hour of Raw or Smackdown before turning it off. I couldn't care less about Fast Lane and this is the least I've ever anticipated a Wrestlemania.

I hate to moan about this because I'm trying to enjoy it. I've mentioned plenty of times already that aside from one or two shows through the year, I only watch Rumble to Mania, so I'm certainly not suffering burnout.

If it wasn't for how much I like NXT and Lucha Underground, I'd be worried that I'm losing interest in wrestling. Thankfully that's not the case.

Anyway, just wondered if anybody else is feeling the same this year?

Im pretty much the same, Ive gone for watching every PPV and Raw regularly up to about two years ago to now only watching the "big" PPV's, the last episode of Raw I watched was Hulk Hogan's birthday bash and I couldnt believe how slow the programme moved it felt like I was watching it for weeks! I do enjoy NXT though.

You're definitely not alone Steak. I'm usually quite happy to skip Raw if I'm busy on a Monday morning, but if I'm not doing anything I stick it on out of habit and take advantage of the fast-forward button. This morning, however, I switched it off after about half an hour because I really dont hate myself that much.

• Awards Moderator

*Minor spoilers*

Is anybody else struggling to enjoy WWE at the minute?

It's always up and down like this. Usually there's pockets of good among the difficult stuff. I always say, "we got through 1995".

Austin and Triple H interview was the last straw.

What about it did you not enjoy?

• Paid Members

Does anyone else get a warm feeling when they hear the ppv music first used on Summerslam 88?

Im like that with the music they used for Summerslam 91 (think they also used it for the next 3 years as well)

Yeah, the music used at SummerSlam '88 which became "the Royal Rumble music" by 1991, and the SummerSlam music which started in 1990 were both quintessential parts of the "getting excited for the BIG event" feel along with the 89-94 Survivors theme and the WrestleMania theme that they ditched for WMX - although the instrumental version of "wooooah, wooooah, WrestleMania" still felt special. I really felt like they lost something special when they switched up to using actual rock / nu-metal songs for the PPV themes, since there were "actual songs" all over the broadcast anyway.

*Minor spoilers*

Is anybody else struggling to enjoy WWE at the minute?

It's always up and down like this. Usually there's pockets of good among the difficult stuff. I always say, "we got through 1995".

Austin and Triple H interview was the last straw.

What about it did you not enjoy?

I know. I don't think WWE are putting out a particularly bad product lately and I've stuck through much worse.

I can't put my finger on it. Same with the Triple H interview. It's just not connecting for lack of a better word.

• Paid Members

My girlfriend wanted to watch some older wrestling yesterday, so we watched Wrestlemania IX. Both of us ended up cracking up at the ending. Knowing how seriously Bret takes himself, and how much he disliked Hogan, and how important being champion was to him, his first Mania main event ending like that is absolutely hilarious. They hadn't really ever done anything like that before, and they couldn't really have picked someone to do it to that it would have bothered more.

• Moderators

I am very much a lapsed viewer at the moment. But even still, every year I do watch from the Rumble to 'Mania.

The Rumble PPV has done very little this year to make me want to watch for the next couple months, even though the Title match was great. So I guess I'm kinda in the same boat.

• Paid Members

I am very much a lapsed viewer at the moment. But even still, every year I do watch from the Rumble to 'Mania.

The Rumble PPV has done very little this year to make me want to watch for the next couple months, even though the Title match was great. So I guess I'm kinda in the same boat.

100% in the same boat. It's only the novelty of seeing Sting in WWE that slightly piques my interest.

• Paid Members

I only really watch because the in-ring quality is so high and you still have the odd bright spot, usually Rusev. But I have noticed in the past few months that I really care alot less about it. I still love wrestling and always will but the booking and format of the shows these days is just so incredibly tedious, it's hard to care about anything at all because they ALWAYS fuck it up. It's a strange way to watch TV actually. WWE always want to be compared to other TV shows rather than sports. It's like when you watch Game Of Thrones and a new storyline starts and you get excited because you know there's a really strong chance the climax is going to be fucking awesome. But with WWE whenever something exciting happens the immediate first thought in everyones heads is "How long will it take them to fuck this up?" and they never fail to do so. Madness.