Random thoughts thread v2 *NO NEWS ITEMS*

tiger_rick

• Paid Members

I liked the Nathan Jones vignettes!

He's been gone too long.

The vignettes were really good. "The beast of bogotto road". He looked like the next big superstar. Everything that came after it was shit but they were great.

• Paid Members

I'm still reading through old Observers, and I'm now into 1993...

The Christmas Creature isn't Brian Lee as speculated on here last week since he was working house shows the last few nights while Lee was working SMW shows the same nights. It's instead a rookie wrestler who is 6-8 named Glenn Jacobs. He was unmasked in a title vs. mask match with Lawler on 12/28, however they put make-up on his face to make him resemble Sid Justice and got him out of there so fast that probably some fans thought he was.

KANE! DEBUTS!

I'm still reading through old Observers, and I'm now into 1993...

The Christmas Creature isn't Brian Lee as speculated on here last week since he was working house shows the last few nights while Lee was working SMW shows the same nights. It's instead a rookie wrestler who is 6-8 named Glenn Jacobs. He was unmasked in a title vs. mask match with Lawler on 12/28, however they put make-up on his face to make him resemble Sid Justice and got him out of there so fast that probably some fans thought he was.

KANE! DEBUTS!

Weird that he'd be unmasked with weird make-up on his face again ten years later. Remember that shit?

20030623_kane_hhh.jpg

• Paid Members

I remember watching that as a 13 year old, thinking that even though it was meant to be his horrifically burnt face, it looked more like he just never took his mask off to wash his face.

I remember having similar thoughts too. Well, after I stopped sniggering at his hair.

• Paid Members

From the January 15th 1993 Wrestling Observer:

Titan, who is from Calgary, is about 6-7, 300, 22 years old, juiced up physique almost like Sid Vicious and, mark these words, someday in the not too distant future will be the hottest babyface in North America. He's green in some ways, although for his size can do some good stuff already and had the athletic movement and reflexes. But he's got charisma like Vampire and Sting and almost nobody else in this business has.

Always liked Titan but Fake Razor killed him dead. And then a neck injury did the rest. Shame.

• Paid Members

Has John Graziano (Nick Hogan accident victim) been wrestling in ROH the last few years? I always see his name in the Observer.

Might be someone with the same name, but that John Graziano was brain damaged and needs full time care, so not the same guy.