Random thoughts thread v2 *NO NEWS ITEMS*

tiger_rick

Watching Kane recently has made me want him to retire. He's slow and lumbering, his Tombstone is shit, he's done everything there is to do and he bores the hell out of me (no pun intended). It's made me wonder if Taker's last match will be at WrestleMania against Kane with both men retiring the night after. It'd surely be a dull match unless they use distractions, but it'd be an apt way for them to go out. I see that as more likely than Taker vs. Sting.

I thought he put in a good stint at MITB, and he looks in good shape. Being lumbering isn't the worst thing for a monster. This is probably the most useful I've seen him in years.

• Moderators
I realize this could fall on deaf ears, but I'm currently planning a wrestling fancy dress themed 22nd (its not until January but we're going to have to start buying stuff from Octoberish for it to work)

Anyway, while we've got the ideas of wrestling drink names for our pub golf we'll be doing i.e. Beat the Streak will be to do 5 shots, DX's Got Two Words For Ya! will be a tequila slammer etc we want to add some form of light hearted wrestling challenge throughout the evening in exchange for points or something (we're going to give a toy title belt to the winner overall)

So far all we've really got is hitting a Hogan leg drop in public, People's Elbow and then cutting a promo to a McDonalds staff member.

I realize how stupid this all sounds, but we're students and it adds something to birthdays and nights out while its still slightly acceptable.

Has anyone else here got any suggestions for stuff we could do that would look funny when drunk, be somewhat legal and add to the night out?

Cheers.

Really? He's going to hate his job as it is, I think he'd not enjoy drunken pillocks in fancy dress acting like dicks in his face while he's hating his night shift. You should play the wrestling game of Furnas and Lafon, were you're quiet and get on with your night solidly with minimal flash and fuss.

Sorry, I can't help it, I just hate the whole "MANDATED ORGANISED FUN! LET'S DRESS UP FOR IT TOO!" thing on nights out when loud people dressed like knobs noisily showing off spoil it for me with varying degrees of "Hahaha, did you see how he looked at us? He thinks we're cray cray, blud". No, I'm looking at you like that because I want you to sit down, stop shouting, refrain from necking shots of Corky's whilst acting like it's overproof Wray & Nephew, and act like an adult. The best nights aren't the ones when you act all Zany and annoy old fuddy duddys like me far more than it should, but just funny natural times with friends with great stories coming from your individual personality traits and conversation. And no showing off.

I really don't miss my early 20s.

Unless of course the wrestling theme ends up just being beards, black leather jackets and blue jeans and calling people jabrones. In which case, enjoy.

Edited by PowerButchi

• Paid Members

It's a shame Wade Barrett got injured again, after finally looking like he was crawling out of his post-Nexus slump. However, seeing as he's out for months, I hope WWE have him on TV during his recuperation, cutting promos and that. Potentially for somebody that isn't any good at it. As he showed with Nexus, he's great at doing the talking for other people.

Edited by ColinBollocks

My favourite drinking game to play with people who's existence I can reasonably tolerate essentially involves sitting down and having a good pint of ale or two and talking.

I'm hardcore though.

• Paid Members
Sorry, I can't help it, I just hate the whole "MANDATED ORGANISED FUN!

Reminds me of Weird Al's new album

VxGHjxx.jpg

I'm not into dressing up and playing games on a night out either (that stuff's for hen nights) and I always hated the idea of going out in a group of lads dressed as wrestlers... Until I realised that because I'm tall and pretty big with a 'tache I'd look great as Sgt Slaughter, now I want to do it ... even if it's just me.

• Paid Members
Really? He's going to hate his job as it is, I think he'd not enjoy drunken pillocks in fancy dress acting like dicks in his face while he's hating his night shift. You should play the wrestling game of Furnas and Lafon, were you're quiet and get on with your night solidly with minimal flash and fuss.

Sorry, I can't help it, I just hate the whole "MANDATED ORGANISED FUN! LET'S DRESS UP FOR IT TOO!" thing on nights out when loud people dressed like knobs noisily showing off spoil it for me with varying degrees of "Hahaha, did you see how he looked at us? He thinks we're cray cray, blud". No, I'm looking at you like that because I want you to sit down, stop shouting, refrain from necking shots of Corky's whilst acting like it's overproof Wray & Nephew, and act like an adult. The best nights aren't the ones when you act all Zany and annoy old fuddy duddys like me far more than it should, but just funny natural times with friends with great stories coming from your individual personality traits and conversation. And no showing off.

I really don't miss my early 20s.

Unless of course the wrestling theme ends up just being beards, black leather jackets and blue jeans and calling people jabrones. In which case, enjoy.

If it's a Saturday night in Bath it'll be full of far more annoying hen parties anyway, have at it.

Edited by KJHenley

The eligibility period for the UKFF 2014 has passed (1st July 2013 to 30th June 2014) so Benny will be gearing that up soon. I personally thought it was another strong year for BritWres. During the time period I went to 58 English shows and saw 136 wrestlers eligible for the UKFF 50 (137 if Prince Devitt counts this year as I'd argue Devitt became freelance at the beginning of April and I saw him 6 times after that period). There's going to be more than a few dozen of guys/gals who will miss out on the 50 and could've easily slotted in there.