Paid Members bAzTNM#1 Posted March 2, 2014 Paid Members Posted March 2, 2014 Halloween Havoc 1990 is a great PPV. Watched my first grappling PPV in over two years when I stuck that on. PPV was helped by a molten Chicago crowd who unmercifully hated the faces. I'm amazed the Sting vs Sid Vicious ending hasn't been done since (or I'm not aware of it).
CTXRussomark Posted March 2, 2014 Posted March 2, 2014 Halloween Havoc 1990 is a great PPV. Watched my first grappling PPV in over two years when I stuck that on. PPV was helped by a molten Chicago crowd who unmercifully hated the faces. I'm amazed the Sting vs Sid Vicious ending hasn't been done since (or I'm not aware of it). WCW did it with Mike Awesome replacing Bryan Clarke at one of the final PPV's. Superbrawl Revenge I think. Can't remember it actually leading anywhere. The red canvas at Havoc 1990 was always really off putting for me. Always found it a really odd show to watch because of it.
dopper Posted March 2, 2014 Posted March 2, 2014 Didn't get an answer to this in the questions thread.. Raw didn't record for me cause it was on Sky Sports 2. I see that the replay tonight is only 2 hours, is this due to the cut down adverts or will they be cutting parts of the show? Also, do they add sound pipes over the live crowd? I just watched the repeat (due to being one of the series link victims on Monday night) and preferred it to the live 3 hour version. There are way less commercials and my favourite part was not constantly showing replays of things that happened earlier in the same show every time they come back from commercial. If there weren't 3 clowns at work eager to discuss what happened in the canteen each Tuesday, I would wait until Thursday nights version to watch it every week. I heard Hogan was tripping over his words on the night, clever editing showed no sign of that on the replay.
The Cutting Edge Posted March 2, 2014 Posted March 2, 2014 (edited) Some decent Old School wrestling tshirts sold here, Freebirds, Hogan, Horseman etc Old School wrestling tshirts Edited March 2, 2014 by The Cutting Edge
Ant Posted March 2, 2014 Posted March 2, 2014 It's not the cool thing to say around these here parts, but I bought FSM and PS mags this month and thought PS was much better.
KillerTwist Posted March 2, 2014 Posted March 2, 2014 WWE have lucked out with Renee Young. Not only is she incredibly cute, but she's also the most natural interviewer they've had for a long time. I think I'm in love.
The Dart Posted March 2, 2014 Posted March 2, 2014 It's not the cool thing to say around these here parts, but I bought FSM and PS mags this month and thought PS was much better. I don't like it, but I'd rather read PS than FSM.
METAL ON METAL Posted March 2, 2014 Posted March 2, 2014 WWE have lucked out with Renee Young. Not only is she incredibly cute, but she's also the most natural interviewer they've had for a long time. I think I'm in love. How have they lucked out? She was a (wrestling) chat show host in Canada when they signed her, not exactly the usual incoherent models they sign to interview.
KillerTwist Posted March 2, 2014 Posted March 2, 2014 WWE have lucked out with Renee Young. Not only is she incredibly cute, but she's also the most natural interviewer they've had for a long time. I think I'm in love. How have they lucked out? She was a (wrestling) chat show host in Canada when they signed her, not exactly the usual incoherent models they sign to interview. Almost every interviewer they sign comes across as stilted, unnatural and wooden, whether they be from a wrestling background or not. They have a knack for hiring cheesy, wooden interviewers.
Moderators Astro Hollywood Posted March 2, 2014 Moderators Posted March 2, 2014 (edited) Interesting bit about Over the Edge going around, from a recent interview JR did with Opie and Anthony. While a video package is playing, Kevin Dunn tells JR over the headset that they're going to cut back to him, where he'll update the audience on Owen's condition. JR "What update? They haven't told us anything." Dunn "He's dead. You're live in 10, 9, 8..." Edited March 2, 2014 by Astro Hollywood
Paid Members Callum1993 Posted March 2, 2014 Paid Members Posted March 2, 2014 You can see why Cornette hates the guy.
Loki Posted March 3, 2014 Posted March 3, 2014 Bubba/Bully Ray has been in TNA longer than he was in either ECW or WWF/E. In fact, he's nearly been there as long as both those runs put together.
Van Dammer Posted March 3, 2014 Posted March 3, 2014 I dont like how Goldust puts loads of effort into his facepaint and then just neglects to paint the back of his head. id understand if he just painted his face, but he paints all of the hair on the top of his head but then just stops and it looks unfinished. Heres what I mean.
deathrey Posted March 3, 2014 Posted March 3, 2014 It must be quite difficult to paint the back of your own head, and he had to stop somewhere.
Paid Members Onyx2 Posted March 3, 2014 Paid Members Posted March 3, 2014 Bubba/Bully Ray has been in TNA longer than he was in either ECW or WWF/E. In fact, he's nearly been there as long as both those runs put together. I've noticed that Angle will hit the same "milestone" this year. I still think of Kurt as a WWE guy just trying TNA out. Weird how the brain works. JNLister's Connecting Wall Brilliant. Quite a tough wall that one...
Recommended Posts