Random thoughts thread v2 *NO NEWS ITEMS*

tiger_rick

• Paid Members

Halloween Havoc 1990 is a great PPV. Watched my first grappling PPV in over two years when I stuck that on. PPV was helped by a molten Chicago crowd who unmercifully hated the faces. I'm amazed the Sting vs Sid Vicious ending hasn't been done since (or I'm not aware of it).

Halloween Havoc 1990 is a great PPV. Watched my first grappling PPV in over two years when I stuck that on. PPV was helped by a molten Chicago crowd who unmercifully hated the faces. I'm amazed the Sting vs Sid Vicious ending hasn't been done since (or I'm not aware of it).

WCW did it with Mike Awesome replacing Bryan Clarke at one of the final PPV's. Superbrawl Revenge I think. Can't remember it actually leading anywhere.

clark_awesome.jpg

The red canvas at Havoc 1990 was always really off putting for me. Always found it a really odd show to watch because of it.

Didn't get an answer to this in the questions thread.. Raw didn't record for me cause it was on Sky Sports 2. I see that the replay tonight is only 2 hours, is this due to the cut down adverts or will they be cutting parts of the show? Also, do they add sound pipes over the live crowd?

I just watched the repeat (due to being one of the series link victims on Monday night) and preferred it to the live 3 hour version.

There are way less commercials and my favourite part was not constantly showing replays of things that happened earlier in the same show every time they come back from commercial.

If there weren't 3 clowns at work eager to discuss what happened in the canteen each Tuesday, I would wait until Thursday nights version to watch it every week.

I heard Hogan was tripping over his words on the night, clever editing showed no sign of that on the replay.

WWE have lucked out with Renee Young. Not only is she incredibly cute, but she's also the most natural interviewer they've had for a long time. I think I'm in love.

How have they lucked out? She was a (wrestling) chat show host in Canada when they signed her, not exactly the usual incoherent models they sign to interview.

WWE have lucked out with Renee Young. Not only is she incredibly cute, but she's also the most natural interviewer they've had for a long time. I think I'm in love.

How have they lucked out? She was a (wrestling) chat show host in Canada when they signed her, not exactly the usual incoherent models they sign to interview.

Almost every interviewer they sign comes across as stilted, unnatural and wooden, whether they be from a wrestling background or not. They have a knack for hiring cheesy, wooden interviewers.

• Moderators

Interesting bit about Over the Edge going around, from a recent interview JR did with Opie and Anthony.

While a video package is playing, Kevin Dunn tells JR over the headset that they're going to cut back to him, where he'll update the audience on Owen's condition.

JR "What update? They haven't told us anything."

Dunn "He's dead. You're live in 10, 9, 8..."

Edited by Astro Hollywood

Bubba/Bully Ray has been in TNA longer than he was in either ECW or WWF/E. In fact, he's nearly been there as long as both those runs put together.

• Awards Moderator
Bubba/Bully Ray has been in TNA longer than he was in either ECW or WWF/E. In fact, he's nearly been there as long as both those runs put together.

I've noticed that Angle will hit the same "milestone" this year. I still think of Kurt as a WWE guy just trying TNA out. Weird how the brain works.

JNLister's Connecting Wall

Brilliant. Quite a tough wall that one...