Random thoughts thread v2 *NO NEWS ITEMS*

tiger_rick

I remember reading about the arm wrestle thing in PowerSlam. Apparently the card was meant to be...

WWF Footbrawl 1998

Foxboro Stadium, Foxboro, Massachusetts

Saturday, August 8, 1998

Stone Cold Steve Austin vs The Undertaker vs Kane

Triple Threat Match for the WWF Heavyweight Championship

Triple H & X-Pac vs The Rock & Owen Hart

Cage Match

Terry Funk vs Mankind

Falls Count Anywhere In the Stadium

Vader vs Mark Henry

No Disqualification Match

The New Age Outlaws (WWF Tag Team Champs) vs Southern Justice with Tennessee Lee

Ken Shamrock vs Double J Jeff Jarrett with Tennessee Lee

Faarooq vs Mark Mero with Jacqueline

Legion of Doom 2000 vs DOA

Lumberjack Match

Sable vsJacqueline

Arm Wrestling Match

Seems like it was meant to be a massive house show and got cancelled because the tickets didn't shift like they'd hoped. This is the stadium:

gilette_72.jpg

Edited by King Pitcos

I remember reading about the arm wrestle thing in PowerSlam. Apparently the card was meant to be...

WWF Footbrawl 1998

Foxboro Stadium, Foxboro, Massachusetts

Saturday, August 8, 1998

Stone Cold Steve Austin vs The Undertaker vs Kane

Triple Threat Match for the WWF Heavyweight Championship

Triple H & X-Pac vs The Rock & Owen Hart

Cage Match

Terry Funk vs Mankind

Falls Count Anywhere In the Stadium

Vader vs Mark Henry

No Disqualification Match

The New Age Outlaws (WWF Tag Team Champs) vs Southern Justice with Tennessee Lee

Ken Shamrock vs Double J Jeff Jarrett with Tennessee Lee

Faarooq vs Mark Mero with Jacqueline

Legion of Doom 2000 vs DOA

Lumberjack Match

Sable vsJacqueline

Arm Wrestling Match

Seems like it was meant to be a massive house show and got cancelled because the tickets didn't shift like they'd hoped. This is the stadium:

gilette_72.jpg

Thanks - I couldn't find any info. Sounds like it was going to be like the 1986 'Big Event' show they had in Toronto. Doesn't sound like a bad show either - shame it didn't happen.

Really surprised that it didn't draw massive interest too, I know WWE wasn't quite the Disney-like conglomerate it is now, but the product was white hot. I bet they could have done it a year or two years later. Spose they did, with WMX7, thinking about it.

Googling Footbrawl myself tonight, I found this lovely, lovely old NEWZ AND RUMOURZ site from 1998. It's fucking gorgeous this, you'll sit and read it all with a smile, I promise. I think he's a kid just nicking off the news sites that would nick off Meltzer. And then he'll editorialise a bit too.

http://camposk.tripod.com/index-wwfnews.html

Check this pearler our for an example:

August 5 News

The following will come as a blow to the entire wrestling world, but it now appears as if the August 15 edition of TV Guide will no longer feature Stone Cold Steve Austin and Hollywood Hogan on the cover, but rather Princess Diana. I mean no dis-respect whatsoever towards her, or anyone who might take offense to it, but isn't it about time they get over it??? It is still unknown as to whether or not the interview with Vince McMahon will still be in this edition.

• Paid Members

That website is amazing. Here's some of my favourites/stuff I'd have said. If broadband was around in 1998 this would be the kind of website I'd run. Amazingly the site is called "Kyle's and Billy's Bomb Ass Web Page".

The WWF's angles just keep getting hotter, and wait until you hear what Titan Towers has brewing up now! Apparently, they are working on an angle where they have Scott Taylor and Brian Christopher being gay. It is unknown whether or not they will go through with the angle or not, but with the WWF's recent 'adult attitude' who knows!

Sable should have a new poster coming out soon. She said the "hands-down" poster will pale in comparison to the new one! It seems as though Sable gets more and more revealing everytime we see her, but who's complaining!

The WWF is thinking of making the Brawl For All tournament an annual event. The tournament wasn't very popular at first, but it did catch on, and it is now a very popular attraction.

If you ordered tickets to Footbrawl, the event that was cancelled due to lack of ticket sales, you will receive a free WWF Attitude T-shirt, along with a refund.

Look for Bob Holly to either get a new gimmick and a makeover, or be released from the WWF.

Apparently Sable is a bit upset with the WWF about having to work with the Oddities. She doesn't feel the angle will help her in any way. Kinda selfish if you ask me!

This is a rumor killer: The Undertaker WAS NOT arrested. It was Brian Lee, formerly known as Chainz in the WWF, who was arrested last week for spousal abuse.

The WWF is now in negotiations with two big men, King Kong Bundy and Kamala. Bundy has been wrestling indy shows on a regular basis, and left the WWF on good terms back in 1995. Kamala has also been wrestling a few indy cards, but not as many. If Kamala were to return, he would probably be in training for a few months.
Edited by IANdrewDiceClay

This is random bordering on the off-topic, but I'm really chuffed right now that I managed to get the best seats possible for a Cirque Du Soleil show that's touring next year.

I just don't get that buzz about WWE or TNA tickets any more, maybe because I've been to dozens of shows, or more likely I now view buying those tickets as a process. Attend a show then days later buy tickets for the next tour. Same cycle for over 10 years.

Chalk and cheese to the days of UK only PPV's, where the odds were against you getting tickets for the show.

I suppose if WWE gets phenominally popular again we'll be ditched in favour of the large US arena's.

• Paid Members

3MB are currently the only low card heel jobber tag team. We need some more. They've got a bunch of guys with plenty of TV experience that could take these roles that they are doing nothing with. Chuck Alex Riley and Curt Hawkins together with a frat boy gimmick, call them Kappa Alpha or something like that, film a few vignettes. Job done. What are Hunico and Comacho doing these days? Latino street gang, job done. Ezekial Jackson & someone else...JTG(?)...dress them up like nightclub bouncers and do that gimmick. Job done.

Nothing that will change the world but will fill out the roster a bit.

I read not long ago they were talks of putting Hawkins and Ryder back together but so far nothing yet,

Tyson Kidd and Justin Gabriel should be back on track soon as the 'flying pretty boy' team,

minor nxt spoiler but Im sure I read Hunico and Chamacho teamed up on an upcoming episode

But I agree they could do with a few 'jobber teams' just to keep them going and gives unused guys something to do, the tag division is getting pretty damn good these days with alot of real teams now

3MB are currently the only low card heel jobber tag team. We need some more. They've got a bunch of guys with plenty of TV experience that could take these roles that they are doing nothing with. Chuck Alex Riley and Curt Hawkins together with a frat boy gimmick, call them Kappa Alpha or something like that, film a few vignettes. Job done. What are Hunico and Comacho doing these days? Latino street gang, job done. Ezekial Jackson & someone else...JTG(?)...dress them up like nightclub bouncers and do that gimmick. Job done.

Nothing that will change the world but will fill out the roster a bit.

I'm sure I read somewhere recently that HHH was looking to put a few singles wrestlers (who are not doing much) together as tag teams to try and make a good tag team division.