Random thoughts thread v2 *NO NEWS ITEMS*

tiger_rick

• Paid Members

My favourite bit of Fuller's career is when he and Roadblock got squashed by Luger & Giant on a Nitro in the build-up to Stampede '97 and the on-screen graphic declared that Luger & Giant were tag team champions. They weren't. Silly old WCW. Also, the rather incongruous appearance of his match with Goldberg on Thunder on Goldberg's WCW profile tape, for no other reason that Hogan comes down at the end. To build the interest in the Goldberg/Hogan rematch, which obviously never came. Silly old WCW!

Ridiculously, New Japan had him over in 2008. I nearly fell off my chair when that announcement was made. Mind you, Bernard & Tomko had just had a run as tag team champions, so they were obviously having one of their spells of "any big American we can get would be brilliant." And somehow, they still haven't had Masters over yet.

The random WWE pic exhibits are amazing. I'd happily buy a book with no text other than an introduction page from Vinny Mac, and crammed with 400 pages of 'rare'/unseen pics.

For all the talk of negativity, politics and breakdowns in WCW (Flair is in mind) there were a lot of happy moments by the look of those pics.

One of my favourite little aesthetic touches was during the Halloween Havoc PPV where alongside the amazing set, they would randomly pipe in thunder noises and ghosts going "woooo". Such a daft touch, but it showed an attention to detail that I really liked.

I liked the palm trees, deckchairs etc that they'd use for Bash at the Beach and Beach Blast. And the Western theme for Spring Stampede. WWE should do more like this to differentiate their PPVs from each other and from regular TV that you get for free. They wouldn't need to spend that much money, not like the early 00s when they had giant sets and props like those great hooks on Backlash.

• Paid Members
I liked the palm trees, deckchairs etc that they'd use for Bash at the Beach and Beach Blast. And the Western theme for Spring Stampede. WWE should do more like this to differentiate their PPVs from each other and from regular TV that you get for free. They wouldn't need to spend that much money, not like the early 00s when they had giant sets and props like those great hooks on Backlash.

The WCW setup's always seemed cooler to me as a kid growing up in the mid 90's. Nice touches to me were having Bash at the Beach actually on a beach, Hog Wild at the Sturgis Rally and countless shows from Caesar's Palace, MGM Grand etc. The Spring Break Nitros with the ringside pools were a nice touch too.

Only Wrestlemania 9 comes close in that respect.

• Paid Members

Check that shirt out. Host-a-Mania indeed. Cheeky bastard. Only the Hulkster would be that much of a twat as to post this a week before his contract with TNA is done.

636675AC-73AC-44CD-98A8-289A2EDC1677-1450-0000030B847D1F00_zps8b544b5c.jpg

He should be the host of WrestleMania 30. I think that's all you can do with him. He's a deck of cards these days. And if the Miz can host SummerSlam, Hogan can host Mania.

Hosting seems to be a lot of peoples prediction. I can't see him doing much else. He wouldn't be able to ref a serious match, unless that match had only one pin attempt, I can't see him jumping up and down to make many counts. He isn't working a match. Perhaps working somebody's corner would be nice? I'm sure they'd make it work no matter what it is. I just want to see Hulk come home now.