Random thoughts thread v2 *NO NEWS ITEMS*

tiger_rick

• Moderators

What? A-Ry on commentary? Ha, what;'s going on there? Just turns up out of nowhere on Raw standing in a suit, now he's on commentary? Vince must have decided he liked him all of last week.

What? A-Ry on commentary? Ha, what;'s going on there? Just turns up out of nowhere on Raw standing in a suit, now he's on commentary? Vince must have decided he liked him all of last week.

Dunno why he's turned up on Smackdown all of a sudden, but he's been doing commentary on Superstars for several weeks now. He's alright, not caught Smackdown yet though.

• Paid Members

Isn't JBL currently up a mountain which explains why he didn't do SmackDown?

Seeing as they canned Striker they need someone to sit beside Cole for the show, I doubt King even watches SmackDown and Superstars is filmed right beforehand anyway so two birds, one stone and all that

• Paid Members

Despite being the forgotten child of WWE television, they actually gave Superstars a new theme and updated titles a few weeks back. Until then, I really thought WWE had forgotten about it too.

Does anyone know if Riley has an injury or if he's just been off T.V. forever, until returning as an announcer of course? He has been pretty decent, and has the kind of look WWE likes for those guys. Wouldn't be surprised if he stays behind the desk. He should be chuffed if he does get that gig, much better career prospects for him there. He'll never make megabucks, but he'll be comfortable without all the bumping and getting released that goes with being a lower card guy.

So does that mean Alex Riley won't be wrestling now? And slightly off topic but how come Josh Matthews went into commentating and not wrestling, did he have any matches in WWE and is it there choice to make the switch to commentating? Seems a shame if they want to wrestle but can't for what ever reason, same with Matt Striker was it is choice to switch to commentating if so why?

Edited by C-Rock

So does that mean Alex Riley won't be wrestling now? And slightly off topic but how come Josh Matthews went into commentating and not wrestling, did he have any matches in WWE and is it there choice to make the switch to commentating? Seems a shame if they want to wrestle but can't for what ever reason, same with Matt Striker was it is choice to switch to commentating if so why?

I wish Josh Matthews was a wrestler. There's no-one in the company I'd more like to see get beaten up. He'd be great as an annoying dipshit heel, and since he is such annoying dipshit, it wouldn't be hard to pull off.

• Paid Members

I'm willing to bet he weighs less than some of the Divas and Vinnie Mac would see it as killing the credibility of the whole wrestler's are supposed to be intimidating and tough. Whereas he looks like a tough enough 10 year old could beat him to death with his own shoes.

On the other side of the argument, JBL Clothesline From Hell'ing him was a particular delight.

• Awards Moderator

Didn't Josh beat Orlando Jordan once, during JBL's title reign? That's the only time I remember him being in the ring since Tough Enough, which, now I think of it, Josh has done pretty well out of - it was nearly 12 years ago now, and he's still in WWE... Not bad going at all.