Random thoughts thread v2 *NO NEWS ITEMS*

tiger_rick

Ideally, as so many people are floundering around doing fuck all at the moment is to come up with a big mid-card storyline that can involve about 8-10 guys in its (stables, brawls, odd-couple partnerships) and get everyone interracting with eachother in a way that actually means something. There's alot of talented guys who have been doing nothing for years, give them all a storyline to play with and it'll do them all a world of good.

My own stupid fantasy booking idea is that Alex Riley and Jack Swagger lead rival fraternities. Any from Bateman, Kidd, Gabriel, Hawkins, Baretta, the Usos, JTG, Primo, Epico, Mason Ryan, Ted DiBiase and Yoshi Tatsu would work for it. I certainly think there's mileage in having two warring midcard stables. But they'd still have to actually do stuff with them, instead of endless Faction A Member 2 vs Faction B Member 4 matches that don't mean anything.

• Paid Members

Turn Santino into a Godfather (Brando not Shango) style mafia boss. He'd only need a bang on the head. He could recruit mid-carders and they could all take on Italian sounding names. Just pretty much rip off the FBI. Santino would be gold in the role. The more he believed it, the funnier it'd be.

Like the warring frat boys idea. But aren't all frat boys dickheads? Who would the crowd support?

Edited by tiger_rick

• Paid Members
Turn Santino into a Godfather (Brando not Shango) style mafia boss. He'd only need a bang on the head. He could recruit mid-carders and they could all take on Italian sounding names. Just pretty much rip off the FBI. Santino would be gold in the role. The more he believed it, the funnier it'd be.

Santino is perfect in his role as he is and could never be taken truly seriously like that. I'd love for Del Rio to be made into a Godfather like character running a big mafia style stable. Seems an obvious fit to me and I think would go a long wat to boosting his main event credentials and would be great for the likes of Sheamus and Ryback to run through.

• Paid Members
Santino is perfect in his role as he is and could never be taken truly seriously like that.

He wouldn't have to be, thought that was clear.

Definitely think Del Rio running some sort of stable could be a cool idea. As long as they don't make it some shitty latino group. A version of the Million Dollar Corporation could be good, with Del Rio buying up talent. Having some beloved mid-carder under his spell would work. Have the guy win the World title against all odds and then Del Rio force him to lay down for him. That would put him over massive. He'd need to stop being such a droning interview though.

• Paid Members

Yeah, I thought about Michaels/JBL but I think enough water's passed under the bridge. Never thought they made the most of Nexus/Cena. I think you could make Del Rio a major heel this way and you'd make a main event babyface when he gained his revenge. You could use Kofi. That would give it an even stronger edge. You wouldn't even have to mention it.

• Paid Members

I now really want to see a frat boys stable of Swagger, Riley, Hawkins, Barretta, Curtis and the Usos.

I would've included the PTPs instead of the Usos, but I don't think they need it.

• Paid Members
I now really want to see a frat boys stable of Swagger, Riley, Hawkins, Barretta, Curtis and the Usos.

I would've included the PTPs instead of the Usos, but I don't think they need it.

They could be like Phi Delta Slam - but good.

• Paid Members

There's definite potential in Del Rio leading a stable and it could easily start to be put together now. Del Rio has had a couple of conflicts with Booker and his decisions and now he's no longer the number one contender. He could start to build himself an army and abuse his wealth to gain some serious power on Smackdown. He's already got Ricardo and Otunga pretty much in his pocket. He could try and recruit Ziggler to have the MITB briefcase in his group and potentially the future champion and then when Ziggler is Champ tell him he needs to hand the title over to him and use it as a vehicle to turn Ziggler face and have Del Rio his first opponent. Or Del Rio could try and buy the briefcase through Vickie as he can't get a number one contendership now which again could be used to turn Ziggler and split he and Vickie.

• Paid Members

I like a good stable, I have to say. Its the easiest tool in all of wrestling to shift shirts by the shitload. Look at the Nexus for example. They sold a load, and their merchandise was tasteless shit and 90% of the group wasnt over in the slightest. If (for example) you had Lesnar as the man at the front and had a heel Orton and Batista in a group with him, imagine how over they would be. A group of big stars already established as a threat would be hard to fuck up.

I was thinking about this when watching TNA the other week. This Aces and Eights angle would have been so much better in WWE. An angle like that would get over huge in an arena full of people and if there were stars under the masks. There's always that thing in TNA, where you are expecting them to fail to deliver, due to their lack of resources they have to bring in someone to live up to the build. I think WWE definitely needs a strong heel squad at the minute. Punk, Lesnar and Heyman are a good start. Say bring in that Dean Ambrose lad as well, since they seem a bit stuck as to how to debut him, and even turn Orton since he's 50 times better as a heel, is a big star and is desperate to turn. The fact Lesnar is hardly ever there just adds to it. Hogan was rarely on Nitro anyway. It only added to his arrogant above it all attitude.

I've turned a corner on Ryback after seeing him smash Albert to bits the other day. I just thought it was totally the right opponent for him. He could be great in the role of the bloke who runs out and everyone darts from. He is incredibly scaring and if he's booked right, people will always take to a monster like him. Like having a heel group destroy a shit load of people on the roster and then Ryback walks to the ring and the heels fuck off. Cena, Sheamus and Ryback and even the Rock or the Undertaker with them against a strong heel unit could be awesome telly. It would freshen up the main event scene by bring a load of guys in the mix as well.

Edited by IANdrewDiceClay