Random thoughts thread v2 *NO NEWS ITEMS*

tiger_rick

• Paid Members

Watching the Batista PPV as I type, and my word the black canvas with logos and sponsors looks good. Wrestling should fuck the plain white mat off and get some art on the floor. I always think wrestling looks better with something on the mat.

Edited by IANdrewDiceClay

Watching the Batista PPV as I type, and my word the black canvas with logos and sponsors looks good. Wrestling should fuck the plain white mat off and get some art on the floor. I always think wrestling looks better with something on the mat.

FUCK, forgot about this. What time does his fight kick off? or scheduled too at least. Any chance of a link to your stream?

I love logos and sponsors on the canvas, just adds to that cool big time show vibe. But sod off with the black canvas, it looks too dark and cluttered, just look at the current ROH ring all that red and black plus wrestlers love black boots.

I can imagine wwe wouldn't want logos on their canvas because (a) they are a global product (brands can often be local, or nationally exclusive) (b) cause potential legal issues in the future (though that's fairly minor) and © it dates the product.

Course this is just my theory, I don't claim to be a expert.

You notice it badly when watching old Impact shows. How outdated the sponsors are, especially as they had television shows plastered on the ring aprons.

Having a black canvas would be a terrible idea as 99% of the WWE roster wear black ring attire and black boots. It works for ROH given the atmosphere, but WWE is all about glitz and glamour and a black canvas wouldn't work at all.

Don't mention logo's on the canvas to Lance Storm, he always says on his site that he used to slip like fuck on the WCW mats with the logo's on

Does he ever moan about the logos on the ECW canvas?

Funnily enough, he doesn't, he always mentions when asked in his Q & A's that he complained that the mats were slippy and Arn Anderson backed him up

Whilst it proabably won't happen I just wanted to share a thought I've recently had regarding Kurt Angle.

He seems very stale in TNA right now and they're not really using him for a hell of a lot at the moment. I'd love to see him in WWE again. In the current crop of stars Kurt could still be a huge name and and mega star. I know he would most likely be a huge liability and would inevitably fail a wellness test but it's a shame he can't come back on a heavily reduced schedule. Is his body in a better condition now than when he left?

• Paid Members
I'd imagine Kurt's an idiot who thinks he can still go on close to a full schedule.

He hasn't done a full schedule since 2005, so he doesn't look like he's got any reservations about that. Kurt seems like persona non grata at the minute. He's a legend in WWE, but he's got this Randy Savage type cloud over him. Like they want to keep a distance. WWE doesn't need a dead gold medalist on their list. That would be bad publicity.

Edited by IANdrewDiceClay