Random thoughts thread v2 *NO NEWS ITEMS*

tiger_rick

• Paid Members

Is there a worse move in wrestling at the moment than Dean Ambroses' rebound clothesline? So overused and ridiculous.

No, there isn't. It was horribly contrived and rubbish looking when McGuinness used to do it, but at least he could do it right. Ambrose's version, like most of the shit he does, looks sloppy and half-arsed every single time. It's one of moves that can completely take me out of a match, but then again I barely pay any attention to Ambrose's matches much at all any more.

• Paid Members

If Ambrose done that occasionally I wouldn't have a problem with it but it's looks ridiculous and from a Kayfabe point of view he loses a tonne of momentum doing it so it make no sense from that perspective either

If he only did every now & again it wouldn't be so bad. But he does it every single match, sometimes multiple times. A PPV earlier this year (I can't remember which off the top of my head) he did it four times in the same match. It's the WWE equivalent of Austin Aries' stupid headstand out of head scissors into a dropkick spot

This is a question, but more of a discussion point... Who is the highest up the card that hasn't had their finisher kicked out of this year? It must be one of the Superstars guys, because they're not having those kinds of matches.

Triple H if you count him...

• Paid Members

Guessing where talking a regular performer and NXT doesn't count? Probably someone like R-truth. It basically has to be someone who doesn't hit a finisher often. Probably someone in a tag.

• Paid Members

I realised, watching the Beast in the East card on the award-winning WWE Network, that I still call John Cena’s finisher the “F-U”. Cole referred to it as the Attitude Adjustment, I was like “What?” but then, “Oh, yeah. It was renamed years ago.”

• Paid Members

His original music was tremendous. Hard to believe the gimmick that got over so quickly evolved into what he is now. I'm a fan, just think it is like watching two different people now.

• Paid Members

Watched Benoit vs Angle from 2001 (the cage match) the other day for the first time in years. Angle takes a German suplex off the top rope, which looks so dangerous. Benoit does a diving headbutt off the cage and Angle does a moonsault. It was quite a stunning stunt show from two blokes who seemed to have a death wish. They're both lucky to be still alive and healthy all these years later. Matches like that could have done them a lot of damage.

• Paid Members

Benoit v Angle v Jericho in the Euro/Intercontinental days were the holy grail for me. Most of their matches were incredible and one of the reasons today's flagship product doesn't do it for me. I watched the one where Jericho literally goes blue in the crossface yesterday. Great match and by no means the best.

I realised, watching the Beast in the East card on the award-winning WWE Network, that I still call John Cena’s finisher the “F-U”. Cole referred to it as the Attitude Adjustment, I was like “What?” but then, “Oh, yeah. It was renamed years ago.”

you are not the only one. To me, The Attitude Adjustment is Lex Luger's pile driver from 1991.