Random thoughts thread v2 *NO NEWS ITEMS*

tiger_rick

So I was on Wikipedia browsing a few British wrestlers. Then I go onto Kris Travis page and see this:

"Fans and professional wrestlers alike began petitioning for Travis to be given the WWE Hall of Fame "Warrior Award".[48][49] WWE legend, Mick Foley, pledged his support for the campaign until he found out that Travis was not a WWE Diva."

• Paid Members

So I was on Wikipedia browsing a few British wrestlers. Then I go onto Kris Travis page and see this:

"Fans and professional wrestlers alike began petitioning for Travis to be given the WWE Hall of Fame "Warrior Award".[48][49] WWE legend, Mick Foley, pledged his support for the campaign until he found out that Travis was not a WWE Diva."

I guess he's trying to move on from Melina...

Just re-watched Rollins turning on The Shield and the crowd are dead for it. May as well have not bothered.

It was the shittest turn ever. Why not turn the night before when it mattered in stead of a single chair shot when there are absolutely no stakes. Unbelievably lazy.

• Awards Moderator

https://www.youtube.com/watch?app=desktop&persist_app=1&v=hPDqDSh2EU4

Other than Goldberg's return, this is my favorite wrestling moment in ages! I love the sudden realisation, followed by the pop when Finn comes on screen. Brilliant, brilliant stuff.

I got goosebumps at that. Fantastic!

I doubt it's much of a big deal to the WWE and they seem to be courting the indies recently. Were ICW on that list of "Who do you want to see on the Network?" poll?

Edit: Of course they weren't, I shouldn't post when half delirious.

Edited by Merzbow

Foley got told he was needed at survivor series with it being raw vs smackdown theme. As they had a contract with him, icw negotiated to have a replacement. As Balors injured and has very high name value, think that's a great deal. The garage was bouncing after this, was really well done. I clocked it was balor when they showed the demon bit from London show, some wwe footage in the video for him too.

PWG is a bit ridiculous isn't it? just started to watch my 1st show from them ( BOLA 2016 Night 2 ) and had to turn it off to take a break after 3 matches. I would have loved this 10/12 years ago and still enjoyed it for what it was but it was just full on big moves, kick outs, non stop spots and that was from the opening match  :cry:

PWG is a bit ridiculous isn't it? just started to watch my 1st show from them ( BOLA 2016 Night 2 ) and had to turn it off to take a break after 3 matches. I would have loved this 10/12 years ago and still enjoyed it for what it was but it was just full on big moves, kick outs, non stop spots and that was from the opening match :cry:

I watched it over the weekend. All 3 nights, i was mentally drained by it, i'm the same as you to be honest, even as little as a few years ago i loved it but it just takes so much effort to get through a show, let alone 3 in 2 days. As i mentioned on the PWG thread though it's still worth it as you usually get a cracker or 2 on a show, jeff cobb vs ricochet is quality, as is o'reilly vs matt riddle. Add to that Pentagon was all over the place and i'm happy. The main event of The Young Bucks etc on night 2 was absolutely insane in terms of high spots.

• Paid Members

Just re-watched Rollins turning on The Shield and the crowd are dead for it. May as well have not bothered.

It was the shittest turn ever. Why not turn the night before when it mattered in stead of a single chair shot when there are absolutely no stakes. Unbelievably lazy.

I liked it. Even if they did fuck up the follow up.

You had the Shield comprehensively beat one of the most dominant stables in WWE history and left Triple H going "There's nobody who can beat these guys. I NEED one of them to come over to me". By all rights it should've made all three of them.

Doing the turn the night before would've been same old same old to me. Especially if they did the "I'll fight you for twenty minutes and THEN I'll turn on them yeah?" thing, which they would've had to or it would've been a really quick Main Event.