Random thoughts thread v2 *NO NEWS ITEMS*

tiger_rick

I found a book called This Is Wrestling by George Napolitano while sorting through some bollocks i've had to keep or throw away for a move. I got the book when I was about 5 or 6 and thus didn't really know anything outside of the two WWF tapes I had, and the one episode of Superstars i'd seen where Ric Flair made the Anvil give up and cry, which confused me because I fucking loved Anvil and couldn't figure out how someone who looked like an old man could wreck someone as mad as the Anvil.

Anyway - there's a photo of Ron Simmons in there where he's leaning forward and showing off his muscles, in a photo not unlike this, but not exactly this. You'd have to see it -

itCGToP.jpg

because in the actual photo he's posing in such a way that to my mind at the time it made him look like he had an enormous pair of actual tits. Like a full on set of top bollocks. Suddenly it came back to me that at the time, because I wasn't arsed about reading and mostly wanted to look at the photo of Warrior without his facepaint that's in the book, that i'd decided that this guys name was THE BOOBY MAN and what he'd do is he would slap himself on his enormous tits and he'd shout COME ON and challenge anyone to try and defeat him. The rest of the dream didn't really go that deep, he was THE BOOBY MAN to me as a kid then suddenly he was the leader of a black militant wrestling group when I got back into watching wrestling. Quite a trajectory.

• Paid Members

Bobby Heenan is 70 years old now. He's had two bouts with cancer, half his jaw removed, a broken neck, spinal fusion, broken hips, knee replacements and all sorts of other stuff. He's never going to die. Life has tried its best to kill him off, its simply not happening.

Edited by IANdrewDiceClay

Bobby Heenan is 70 years old now. He's had two bouts with cancer, half his jaw removed, a broken neck, spinal fusion, broken hips, knee replacements and all sorts of other stuff. He's never going to die. Life has tried its best to kill him off, its simply not happening.

In all seriousness, surely it'd be better if he was put out of his misery? It must be horrendous for him

In all seriousness, surely it'd be better if he was put out of his misery? It must be horrendous for him
Every photo I have seen of him in the last 18-24months, he is doing some kind of hand gesture, which is how he now communicates as he struggles to speak - there was also one video of him taking the piss at a wrestling convention meet n greet.

I'm of opinion that if he was miserable or wasn't comfortable with how he looked, he would not participate in such events.

Edited by Abe_Knuckleball_Schwartz

I was thinking myself. I don't mean to sound like I'm wishing death upon him but when he does go, part of me will feel sad for him but also partly relieved that it's finally all over for him

I was thinking myself. I don't mean to sound like I'm wishing death upon him but when he does go, part of me will feel sad for him but also partly relieved that it's finally all over for him

17399_819389878145226_501347690576378528

• Paid Members

It'd be sad to see anyone with the health problems Heenan's had to deal with but it seems even more cruel that someone who was such an entertaining and hilarious talker no longer has the capability to speak. I love his seemingly 'fuck you' attitude about it though. It'd do no good him shutting himself away and he still seems to enjoy these events which is good to see.

Any time a new Heenan picture surfaces people say he hasn't got long left, and I usually think the same initially. But he's looked about the same for years now and he keeps going. He'll outlive the lot of us.

Seriously, I'll be gutted when he goes. No-one in wrestling was more fun than The Brain for me.