Random thoughts thread v2 *NO NEWS ITEMS*

tiger_rick

• Paid Members

Jesus, I know everyone is enjoying picking on Maxwell Von Gay at the moment and some of the stuff he said is silly but the guy is a great tattoo artist and by all accounts seems pretty successful, it's one thing saying him comparing himself to CM Punk is daft (it is) but you don't have to pick on him about everything, every tattoo artist I know makes all their bookings by walk in or email, it's 2014. It says the name of the studio on the card, not exactly hard to find out where it is.

• Paid Members

Anyone else noticed there's a woman (blonde, maybe 40s, bit like a younger, slightly MILFy Jennie Bond) who is dead centre of the front row opposite the hard camera for every PPV and most Raws? Is she some sort of superfan?

Just been watching Summerslam 98 again and never noticed before how much of a dull one Austin takes when they mistime a spot and he and Undertaker smack their heads together. He looks legitimately out on his feet for a brief period of time yet still managed to get himself together and go at full throttle for another 10-15 minutes at least.

• Awards Moderator
Just been watching Summerslam 98 again and never noticed before how much of a dull one Austin takes when they mistime a spot and he and Undertaker smack their heads together. He looks legitimately out on his feet for a brief period of time yet still managed to get himself together and go at full throttle for another 10-15 minutes at least.

Austin mentioned it on his podcast recently. I think he said its the only time in his life he's been KO'd, out on his feet as you say.

Anyone else noticed there's a woman (blonde, maybe 40s, bit like a younger, slightly MILFy Jennie Bond) who is dead centre of the front row opposite the hard camera for every PPV and most Raws? Is she some sort of superfan?

I believe she is known as "Trophy Wife". She's been ringside with her son for years. In fact, she was at the last ever Clash Of The Champions with her then baby son, and husband. She seemed more enthusiastic then than she does at shows now.

I believe she is known as "Trophy Wife". She's been ringside with her son for years. In fact, she was at the last ever Clash Of The Champions with her then baby son, and husband. She seemed more enthusiastic then than she does at shows now.

She done a line of the devils dandruff off the Big Shows knob per Dave Meltzer

• Awards Moderator

Anyone else catch Hulk Hogan on Radio 1 this evening? He was on the Greg James show, came across really well. I think James is a fan, certainly seemed so when he was asking about Vince McMahon's strut and referencing the Dudley Boyz. Hogan was on to promote the fact he's hosting SmackDown at the O2 tomorrow - is he due to be on RAW as well or is it just SmackDown? I'll make an effort to watch if Hulk's turning up.

I'm pretty sure in the past week or so he has been advertised for Raw as well, I'm definitely sure I've seen it somewhere. Also saw an advertisement that he will be on Loose Women but I didn't catch the date

Edited by burchybabi

Just watching the Raw aftershow DVD, and the one with Too Cool, Jericho, the Dudleys and the Big Show dancing for about four hours is absolutely wonderful. I wish it was my whole life. I've always hated how much Steve Austin ruined the fun for everybody when he came back in 2000, and pretty much possibly with the exception of this lot having Kurt Angle, Edge & Christian to beat up before they dance, this segment sums it up just about perfectly. Nobody wants to leave the ring, nobody wants to leave the building, nobody's getting hurt. It's totally ridiculous. It's beautiful. Cor, pro wrestling, eh?!

Watched that whole Raw DVD in one sitting after winning it on Ebay, save for a couple of Austin segments from his Co-GM run in 03. So much fun, the segment NEWM was on about actually led me to watch the Raw episode on Dailymotion that was the catalyst for it. DX and the McMahons were snide bastards back in 2000 weren't they?