Jerry Lawler suffers a heart attack

dopper

• Paid Members
The Richest Professional Wrestlers In The World Named - The Rock Tops List

20. Jerry Lawler's net worth $7 million

He certainly doesn't need to work again. Hope he recovers and enjoys a life of sunshine, relaxation and nailing his significantlly younger girlfriend.

• Replies 251
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

On a lighter note surrounding the whole situation, Matt Hardy tweeted "On a day that reinforces that the #PowerOfLife is #StrongerThanDeath, may God bless everyone touched by 9/11 & my friend Jerry Lawler".

I think he probably could have worded that better.

On a lighter note surrounding the whole situation, Matt Hardy tweeted "On a day that reinforces that the #PowerOfLife is #StrongerThanDeath, may God bless everyone touched by 9/11 & my friend Jerry Lawler".

Probably could have......but considering his previous meltdowns on Twitter, Youtube etc...that was positively poetic!!

You're thinking as somebody who's a fan of it though. If you take a step back and look at it from an outside perspective than it's a sixty year old man who wrestled and then had a heart attack. There's quite few questions to be asked there. Namely is it right that the WWE put someone of that age in that position? The result, the heart attack, would suggest to quite a few people that it isn't.

But you're assuming the heart attack was a direct result of him having wrestled a match when surely there is every possibility that heart attack would have happened anyway or at least was waiting to happen? If it's a case that his heart was ready to go at any time and that match speeded things up then he's a very lucky man because as others have said it could have happened hours later in his hotel room and today's discussion would have been much different.

Then we've got a sixty two year old man who wrestlers quite a bit (considering outside bookings as well) with an underlying heart condition that nobody knows about. That asks more questions. Should there be regular fitness tests for people of that age? Should there be regular fitness tests for wrestlers full stop? Are there current tests in place? Are they adequate? Of course this could have happened on a night when he didn't wrestle. Of course it happens to people who don't wrestle. That doesn't mean that further questions shouldn't be asked.

Fabrice Muamba was repeatedly tested before it happened to him. Jerry Lawler may have been tested with nothing showing up.

• Paid Members

It works even better if you imagine he means 911 from ECW.

Thomas Rodmanposted toOG New Jack

3 hours ago

Once again ladies and gents I just spoke to Newjack and he wants everybody to know that he's a little tired of FB and their issues with him so they decided to give each other some time off... Stay tune

I'm guessing that post didn't help matters.

Without wishing to appear to support New Jack's views, if he's always hated Lawler and thought he was a racist prick, he shouldn't pretend to like him now just because he's had a heart attack. He should just not say anything at all of course, but that's not his style.

• Paid Members
Without wishing to appear to support New Jack's views, if he's always hated Lawler and thought he was a racist prick, he shouldn't pretend to like him now just because he's had a heart attack. He should just not say anything at all of course, but that's not his style.

This is right. No need for massive hypocrisy. Find it odd reading that people hope they hear Lawler commentate again soon when most of those people have been saying he could give it up for years. And odd that people praise Michael Cole for his "real" handling of the situation. Yet many of them have slagged Cole and Lawler and JR for going into "real" mode for angles since Owen Hart's death.

Hope Lawler recovers. He's a shit commentator these days but I don't wish ill health on him.

• Paid Members

This is right. No need for massive hypocrisy. Find it odd reading that people hope they hear Lawler commentate again soon when most of those people have been saying he could give it up for years. And odd that people praise Michael Cole for his "real" handling of the situation. Yet many of them have slagged Cole and Lawler and JR for going into "real" mode for angles since Owen Hart's death.

Hope Lawler recovers. He's a shit commentator these days but I don't wish ill health on him.

Reports are coming out now that apparently Vince didn't stay by Lawler's side and instead just checked up on him and returned to gorilla position, and that "word for word" (though I find that hard to believe) everything Michael Cole said was fed to him through his headset by Vince.

Reports are coming out now that apparently Vince didn't stay by Lawler's side and instead just checked up on him and returned to gorilla position, and that "word for word" (though I find that hard to believe) everything Michael Cole said was fed to him through his headset by Vince.

Who comes up with these reports? I'm not believing any of the Vince ones.

First off about New Jack, he's a talentless waste of space who only got over with a small amount of hardcore style loving wrestling fans and for swinging a weapon he's not fit to call himself a wrestler, he's in every sense of the word as Ric Flair would say a glorified stuntman who made money from mascarading as a wrestler who probably wouldn't know a wrestling hold if it was right in front of his face. The problem with New Jack is he's bitter that if something like this were to happen to him very few would shed a single tear or show sympathy. Whether or not what he is saying is true about Lawlers past and backstage personal antics, I don't care (even though its very wrong if true) I'm a fan of the character and gimmick Iv watched on TV for years and the entertainer that the king is. Its pathetic New Jack is trying to gain some attention during a time like this, mouthing off behind his computer is his only weapon now never mind a chair or guitar. For a few who are spreading negativity at this time there are thousands perhaps millions across the world spreading positive messages of support for the King. Basically who the fuck is New Jack? The sad thing is New Jack will probs end up making a couple hundred dollars out of this as it will give him something new to rant about in New Jack the shoot interview Part 127.

Thoughts and prays are with the King, hope he stays strong and get through this as quick as possible.

Archived