Jerry Lawler suffers a heart attack

dopper

I thought a topic separate from the Raw topic was worthy, as there may be UKFFers who no longer follow WWE or Raw Discussion that wouldn't hear about it otherwise.

A timeline of what happened by Wade Keller at PWTorch.com ...

Just to add to the Jerry Lawler situation for those who didn't catch it during Raw...

-During the tag match in the ring, Lawler was doing commentary as normal. No sign of any issues with his commentary with about two minutes left in the second hour of Raw. Then his commentary stopped.

-The camera angle showed Lawler bent over in his chair as someone at ringside was tending to him. He seemed to perhaps be heaving or struggling but was moving and conscious, it seemed.

-The crowd began to notice and stand up with a look of concern. Someone at ringside ran to the back. Charles Robinson, the ref, noticed and looked distressed. Titus O'Neil motioned with his hand for help to come quickly.

-The next camera angle two minutes later that showed a glimpse of ringside showed the tech's head behind the desk, but Lawler apparently on the ground behind the desk. The crowd slowly became more aware of the issue with Lawler's health. Cole continued to do commentary, but seemed concerned.

-The tag match continued to its conclusion five minutes after Lawler went silent. They cut to a long commercial break.

-Then at 10:17 p.m. they went to Cole at ringside who looked very shaken up. He could barely speak as he said it was "not part of tonight's entertainment." He said they are performing CPR backstage. His demeanor suggested this is a very, very serious situation.

*** Updated with West Coast Feed timeline from PWTorch VIP member Efren ***

9:58 Lawler says "sledgehammer " as his last word.

9:59 silence. Slumped over. Crowd behind him stands up.

10:00 lower level is looking over as Cole is silent. Robinson isn't even focusing on the in ring action.

10:00-01 Cole finally starts talking again. "Jerry" chant starts.

10:01 Lawler is nowhere in the chair as Cole looks over.

10:01-02. Cole resets the show, match, and PPV. He leans over and says something/ told something from the tech guy with the headset.

10:02. Crowd is sitting down now, but most are still looking over. Camera does not show the chair twice. The angle just shows Cole.

10:03 Cole is engaged again for the three count. Camera is at an angle showing the pin, but no background announce table.

10:04. Angle shows ring without a shot of the announce table.

#PrayForLawler was trending in the UK when I got up at 6am today, and in other Twitter related news:

Smith Hart tweeted that a mate of his was backstage at RAW and claimed that Lawler was dead for 20 minutes before they brought him round.

Speaking of Twitter:

@NewJackUncut

Just heard about Lawler...fuck that racist motherfucka...die slow,you fucking cock sucker

@NewJackUncut

If lawler dies,let me know where his grave is so,I can go piss on it...fuck that bitch

What a piece of shit.

• Replies 251
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

I think this is probably the end of your old-school wrestlers (Lawler, Piper, Dusty Rhodes, etc) diving into the ring to face their younger foes for a few years. I'd imagine the insurance for this kind of thing has just rocketed.

Yeah, fuck New Jack.

• Paid Members
Did someone not raise that very possibility on here just a week or two ago?? I'm sure I remember a whole discussion over what would happen if Lawler keeled over at the announcers desk during Raw!?

Really horrible news :(

Yeah it was NEWM a couple of weeks back. Eerie coincidence.

Last I've read on Lawler's condition is from Meltzer's site;

We have a few updated notes on Jerry Lawler. It is now confirmed that Lawler suffered a heart attack. As of the last word, he is in stable condition, still breathing on his own and his heart is beating on its own, but he is not out of danger, so please keep any prayers going for him.

Hope he makes a speedy recovery.

Just watched it. It's very surreal to say the least. WWE done a very good job of making sure not a lot was seen on camera.

As for New Jack it's not clever what he said on Twitter however New Jack probably really hates Lawler for for being a racist back in the Memphis days so in his eyes he probably thinks this serves him right for being racist to black people.

Really sad, haven't seen the show, just read up on things.

Fucking hell, of all the Legends Lawler always seemed to be the picture of good health. He does a good job hiding it, but he's in his mid-60's now surely? Hope he recovers and keeps wrestling, his work has been great the past couple of years, it'd be a huge shame for it to end this way.

• Paid Members
Just watched it. It's very surreal to say the least. WWE done a very good job of making sure not a lot was seen on camera.

As for New Jack it's not clever what he said on Twitter however New Jack probably really hates Lawler for for being a racist back in the Memphis days so in his eyes he probably thinks this serves him right for being racist to black people.

Is that generally accepted as fact or are you taking New Jack's word for it? A man who got over in a gimmick based on racism. I dare say there will be plenty of people queing up to piss on New Jack's grave. What a soulless cunt he is increasingly proving to be.

Hoping Lawler makes a full recovery. I dare say whatever happens it brings an end to an incredible in ring career.

• Paid Members
Is that generally accepted as fact or are you taking New Jack's word for it? A man who got over in a gimmick based on racism. I dare say there will be plenty of people queing up to piss on New Jack's grave. What a soulless cunt he is increasingly proving to be.

He's just giving New Jack's side. Not that it wasn't obvious. Stop jumping all over the spack kid.

Archived