Jerry Lawler suffers a heart attack

dopper

• Replies 251
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

Meltzer brought up a good point. Lawler works shitty indy shows during the week. He's lucky he had his heart attack in a large arena with the medical staff on hand, than say a 300 seat building in Memphis.

Lawler joking about Brother Love having a heart attack at WrestleMania might now have been the best idea, either.

• Paid Members
Is that generally accepted as fact or are you taking New Jack's word for it? A man who got over in a gimmick based on racism. I dare say there will be plenty of people queing up to piss on New Jack's grave. What a soulless cunt he is increasingly proving to be.

He's just giving New Jack's side. Not that it wasn't obvious. Stop jumping all over the spack kid.

I never "Jumped all over" anyone. I was asking if there's more than just the bitterest man in wrestling to document Lawler being a racist.

I'd say calling him spack kid is more of an attack than anything I said but yeah, safe. Back on topic...

Meltzer brought up a good point. Lawler works shitty indy shows during the week. He's lucky he had his heart attack in a large arena with the medical staff on hand, than say a 300 seat building in Memphis.

He'd been at a couple of shows in Aruba over the weekend. Who knows what could have happened if this had happened there.

Lawler joking about Brother Love having a heart attack at WrestleMania might now have been the best idea, either.

This is such a weird coincidence, as yesterday morning I was reading about a legends show that had just happened in the Caribbean. Lot of 'star names' are supposed to have appeared, including Lawler.

It got me thinking how at his age he must be knackered sometimes with just the travel aspect, never mind bumps of any kind.

Fingers crossed he pulls through ok and makes a full recovery, but surely his time as a weekly character should be over, be it his decision or WWE's.

He really should be retired to legend appearances and JR style 'big show' appearances.

Did someone not raise that very possibility on here just a week or two ago?? I'm sure I remember a whole discussion over what would happen if Lawler keeled over at the announcers desk during Raw!?

Really horrible news :(

It was me actually, about three weeks ago in the 'Death in Wrestling in 2012' thread. Spooky.

If Lawler just spontaneously checked out at the announce table like Buffalo Ray in series 6 of the Sopranos, leaving Cole to hold the broadcast together while Vince or whoever loses his shit over the headset. That'd be a shocker.

Just watched it. It's very surreal to say the least. WWE done a very good job of making sure not a lot was seen on camera.

As for New Jack it's not clever what he said on Twitter however New Jack probably really hates Lawler for for being a racist back in the Memphis days so in his eyes he probably thinks this serves him right for being racist to black people.

Is that generally accepted as fact or are you taking New Jack's word for it? A man who got over in a gimmick based on racism. I dare say there will be plenty of people queing up to piss on New Jack's grave. What a soulless cunt he is increasingly proving to be.

Hoping Lawler makes a full recovery. I dare say whatever happens it brings an end to an incredible in ring career.

I don't want to dwell on the New Jack thing too much, but personally I realised he was completely full of shit after the Hardcore Homecoming Tour about 6 years ago.

He commented in interviews during The Dudley Boyz' WWE run that they had stolen his gimmick and even dressed like him.

The Dudley Boyz then called him fat in a throwaway line from a song they did on the 2004 WWE Originals CD, and he spent the next year or so ranting about them in as many interviews as he could. He was saying stuff like he hopes D-Von's kids get cancer and die, and if he ever saw them again he'd kill the pair of them.

Saying something like that about another wrestler you might run into down the line is risky imo, and they were on the same shows a couple of times in late 2005.

According to Bubba & D-Von's shoot interview he approached them backstage saying "it was a work" and being super-friendly, and the fact that no stories came out from anybody else on the tour about any trouble between them I'm assuming New Jack didn't say anything or try anything.

I loved watching him in ECW, loved his first shoot interview, liked his second shoot interview, loved him in Beyond The Mat, disliked him ever since.

According to Bubba & D-Von's shoot interview he approached them backstage saying "it was a work" and being super-friendly, and the fact that no stories came out from anybody else on the tour about any trouble between them I'm assuming New Jack didn't say anything or try anything.

Sounds like New Jack shit himself and went for the old "I was only joking" line. to me. :laugh:

Just watched the footage, very scary stuff. I can't ever see him coming back to TV full time after that. Maybe if/when he's fully recovered they can give him a big retirement send off and that will be that. I can't imagine Vince wanting the possibility of him actually dieing on live TV. Thoughts go out to the King.

Archived