Jerry Lawler suffers a heart attack

dopper

Itsclobberingtime is absolutely correct! Is he an idiot too? So now there's two people who think it's fake - and watch the numbers pile up.

Oh, and anyone remember the time Eddie Guerrero's mother had a heart attack? Check it out:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XNyP3ZLz26w

Still think Vince McMahon wouldn't approve such an angle? Get real.

• Replies 251
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members
Itsclobberingtime is absolutely correct! Is he an idiot too? So now there's two people who think it's fake - and watch the numbers pile up.

He didn't say it was fake. he said people who can't tell the difference between real and fake are fucking idiots. He's calling you a fucking idiot, mate. He's not in your gang.

He didn't say it was fake. he said people who can't tell the difference between real and fake are fucking idiots. He's calling you a fucking idiot, mate. He's not in your gang.

Hardly a gang, is it? It's me and clobberingtime versus everyone else. I'm just going to love it when we're both proved right and Lawler turns up on Raw blaming Punk for poisoning him or something.

Hardly a gang, is it? It's me and clobberingtime versus everyone else. I'm just going to love it when we're both proved right and Lawler turns up on Raw blaming Punk for poisoning him or something.

If the worst was to happen, and Lawler croaks it, will it be a strange coincidence, or perhaps Punk really did poison him?

You don't need a pre existing heart condition to have a heart attack though, correct? The older you are the more likely your vital organs tapping out. So even if Lawler had a health check right before his match, never mind the show, it still might not have shown any irregularity.

• Paid Members

Just to bring this thread back onside, here's Michael Cole talking about it on Fox News today. This has gotten a shitload of news. Cole says Lawler works up to 150 dates a year on the Indies and WWE. I wonder if Lawler in the last few years has signed a number of guaranteed matches into his contract. He seems to be a period every year where he is working big high profile TV matches.

Okay, so he's working 150 dates a year and we're to believe that this match was too much for his withered old heart?

It's not like it's hard to get on Fox News. They're more gullible than the IWC.

Take this guy for example:

Are you telling me anyone in their right mind would have let that scruffy hippy on their show to talk about serious issues and expect him not to have his own agenda?

Kudos to WWE for getting some somewhat mainstream press - but it only goes to highlight the situation further. News isn't news anymore - it's entertainment. And on the most entertainment based news channel in the country during its equivalent of GMTV, Michael Cole was able to convince/act along with the channels' equivalents of Eamonn Holmes and Lorraine Kelly. Wow, what impressive damning evidence that it's not a work! It's not like wrestlers have a history of trying to protect the business or anything, is it? Oh wait...

Okay, so he's working 150 dates a year and we're to believe that this match was too much for his withered old heart?

It's not like it's hard to get on Fox News. They're more gullible than the IWC.

Take this guy for example:

Are you telling me anyone in their right mind would have let that scruffy hippy on their show to talk about serious issues and expect him not to have his own agenda?

Kudos to WWE for getting some somewhat mainstream press - but it only goes to highlight the situation further. News isn't news anymore - it's entertainment. And on the most entertainment based news channel in the country during its equivalent of GMTV, Michael Cole was able to convince/act along with the channels' equivalents of Eamonn Holmes and Lorraine Kelly. Wow, what impressive damning evidence that it's not a work! It's not like wrestlers have a history of trying to protect the business or anything, is it? Oh wait...

So you really think they are going that WWE are going to go through all this effort to 'fake' a heart attack, despite the fact that we are in the 'PG' era and the companies focus seems to be on maintaining their younger audience? Despite the fact that they are trying to garner good press with the 'Be a star' campaign and all the other bollocks? And despite the fact that Linda is still campaigning for her political career?

Yep, I'm sure Vince is going to flush all the good press the company has been getting, and flush Lindas political career down the toilet for some wrestling angle :rolleyes:

• Paid Members
With Linda running for Senate there's no way this is an angle. The negative publicity they would receive would completely fuck her over and give her opposition further ammo to use against her. You bell.

This. No matter how far they would potentially go to get an angle over, there's no way they'd jeopardise Linda's potential candidacy for an angle. I'm not saying if Lawler pulls through and is on the mend by next week that I couldn't see them working it into an angle after the fact, (maybe having Punk taking credit for it it something to that effect) but they wouldn't go to these lengths to get and angle over with such potential for negative fallout to Linda. No chance.

With Linda running for Senate there's no way this is an angle. The negative publicity they would receive would completely fuck her over and give her opposition further ammo to use against her. You bell.

Oh my god, you're such a smark! You honestly believe that's why the product is PG? Yeah, sure it's not the multi-million dollar franchise agreements they have with toy companies that flat out refuse to do business with the WWE if the product isn't child friendly - it's the senatorial campaign of Linda McMahon.

How about the fact that the PG era predates Linda McMahon's senatorial race?

Or the fact that her opponents have routinely used previous WWE storylines as fodder for their anti-Linda advertising anyway? The campaign's only response to such onslaughts is to defend the presentation of characters such as Eugene, rather than dismiss them as mistakes of the past. Do you think in politics that whatever anyone has done up until the point they declare themselves as a political candidate means nothing?

The evidence for adult-themed politically incorrect material supported for Linda McMahon for decades is too strong to not be involved in her campaign. You really think whether it happened in 2002 or 2012 makes any difference to how it will be used against her by her opponents? Get real!

Archived