Jerry Lawler suffers a heart attack

dopper

• Replies 251
  • Created
  • Last Reply
That picture makes me smile for so many reasons....and none of them perverted, before someone makes a smart arse comment.

Yeah, likewise.

Lawler may not be the witty bastard he was a decade ago (much of which has to do with him being a Face commentator these days) but he's still one of the voices of wrestling. I've been listening to him on TV every week for something like 15 years or more now. It wasn't until this scary incident that I realised how much entertainment the man has provided me over the years. He's been an intricate part of my favourite TV show/hobby/interest for yonks, and for the most part he's been brilliant. His feuds with Bret and Jake pre-attitude era were funny as hell, his commentary during the attitude era was class and he's been excellent whenever they've put him into proper storylines since those days. Just a consummate pro who can still cut a promo better than most of the youngsters around him.

I was genuinely upset over his heart attack and I'm really chuffed that it's looking like he'll be OK. The though of The King ending up dead or with brain damage was a truly horrible thought. It would have been up there with poor Bobby Heenan losing his voice in terms of wrestling tragedy, regardless of their ages.

• Paid Members

Great to see The King with a smile on his face, not been a fan of his commentary for a few years but hope to see him back on TV soon. If he does make a return at Memphis then surely they'll give him an entrance on TV, that will be one massive fucking pop.

Archived