Jerry Lawler suffers a heart attack

dopper

• Replies 251
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members
Jerry Lawler continues to improve and was walking as of yesterday. There is still no word on a release from the hospital. His son Kevin said that Jerry was told that once he recovers, there is no reason that he should not return to wrestle.

So he might not be done then.

I really like the idea of WWE pulling off a "The Wrestler" style angle with him if he's capable, but his son saying he can wrestle could still be wishful thinking, I'd rather know what the doctors say.

I'd be surprised to see WWE let him back in a ring but you're right, there's no reason he couldn't go back to doing his Memphis stuff. Mind you, I suppose Bret Hart was wrestling in WWE a couple of years ago, so what do I know?

Big difference, Bret may have been in matches, but I wouldn't say Bret wrestled. I would however say by the last time he stepped in the ring it was getting closer to that and I half expected him to go for a full on match, but it never happened.

Jerry Lawler continues to improve and was walking as of yesterday. There is still no word on a release from the hospital. His son Kevin said that Jerry was told that once he recovers, there is no reason that he should not return to wrestle.

So he might not be done then.

I really like the idea of WWE pulling off a "The Wrestler" style angle with him if he's capable, but his son saying he can wrestle could still be wishful thinking, I'd rather know what the doctors say.

I'd be surprised to see WWE let him back in a ring but you're right, there's no reason he couldn't go back to doing his Memphis stuff. Mind you, I suppose Bret Hart was wrestling in WWE a couple of years ago, so what do I know?

Big difference, Bret may have been in matches, but I wouldn't say Bret wrestled. I would however say by the last time he stepped in the ring it was getting closer to that and I half expected him to go for a full on match, but it never happened.

He did quite a bit in an MSG house show, I don't know if that's the match you're talking about.

Summerslam 2010 was also a fairly active match from Bret, IIRC he even did the second rope elbow.

Despite what doctors say, I think Lawler should stay away from the ring for his health. Even though they say he appears in good health, the heart can go at any time, as we saw on Raw, and he has a family history. Do commentary, do an occasional angle, but wrestling should be nixed. It made me cringe watching Ziggler drop hard elbows on Lawler's chest already knowing what happened shortly after.

• Paid Members
He did quite a bit in an MSG house show, I don't know if that's the match you're talking about.

Yeah that was the match I was talking about. For a while it seemed as though Bret was pushing himself more and more everytime so when that match happened on a house show I thought he was planning on having a proper match with someone.

Summerslam 2010 was also a fairly active match from Bret, IIRC correctly he even did the second rope elbow.

I'm pretty sure the MSG match was the only time he did the second rope elbow, I seem to think that was one of the reasons I was so impressed.

I'm sure there was an extended clip where you see him do a head butt too. I remember that raising some eyebrows.

In on topic news.

And speaking of Jerry Lawler here's an update from Jim Ross: "Word is (Jerry Lawler) will be going home in the next couple of days as his recovery continues. He's the Miracle King."

Meltzer has said that Jerry is ok, but that its not that great as everybody is telling each other. He's still not 100 percent and he was without oxygen for up to 10 minutes.

Thats all he said, bit weird take from it what you will.

Meltzer has said that Jerry is ok, but that its not that great as everybody is telling each other. He's still not 100 percent and he was without oxygen for up to 10 minutes.

On the one hand it wouldn't surprise me if people were exaggerating it for the better a little bit. On the other hand I'm pretty sure Lawler's family and JR and Cole know a lot more about what's going on Meltzer does.

• Paid Members

On the one hand it wouldn't surprise me if people were exaggerating it for the better a little bit. On the other hand I'm pretty sure Lawler's family and JR and Cole know a lot more about what's going on Meltzer does.

Where do you think Meltzer is getting his information from?

Where do you think Meltzer is getting his information from?

Yes, I'm sure that the close friends and relatives of Jerry Lawler are announcing to the world that he's okay only to get their rocks off by telling some two bit newsletter guy.

Archived