Jerry Lawler suffers a heart attack

dopper

• Replies 251
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Without wishing to appear to support New Jack's views, if he's always hated Lawler and thought he was a racist prick, he shouldn't pretend to like him now just because he's had a heart attack. He should just not say anything at all of course, but that's not his style.

This is right. No need for massive hypocrisy. Find it odd reading that people hope they hear Lawler commentate again soon when most of those people have been saying he could give it up for years. And odd that people praise Michael Cole for his "real" handling of the situation. Yet many of them have slagged Cole and Lawler and JR for going into "real" mode for angles since Owen Hart's death.

Hope Lawler recovers. He's a shit commentator these days but I don't wish ill health on him.

Reports are coming out now that apparently Vince didn't stay by Lawler's side and instead just checked up on him and returned to gorilla position, and that "word for word" (though I find that hard to believe) everything Michael Cole said was fed to him through his headset by Vince.

Who comes up with these reports? I'm not believing any of the Vince ones.

I had the feeling Cole was left all alone. He even started calling MOVES! BY THEIR NAME!!

For some reason I have trouble believing Vince would let Cole say the word 'Suplex'. That really sounds pity for a wrestling fed.

I had the feeling Cole was left all alone. He even started calling MOVES! BY THEIR NAME!!

For some reason I have trouble believing Vince would let Cole say the word 'Suplex'. That really sounds pity for a wrestling fed.

They did the exact same thing ten years ago when Chyna "broke her neck". Serious voices and serious wrestling for the rest of the show, with constant serious voice updates on Chyna. Smarten up! THIS IS PRO WRESTLING!

Without wishing to appear to support New Jack's views, if he's always hated Lawler and thought he was a racist prick, he shouldn't pretend to like him now just because he's had a heart attack. He should just not say anything at all of course, but that's not his style.

This is right. No need for massive hypocrisy. Find it odd reading that people hope they hear Lawler commentate again soon when most of those people have been saying he could give it up for years. And odd that people praise Michael Cole for his "real" handling of the situation. Yet many of them have slagged Cole and Lawler and JR for going into "real" mode for angles since Owen Hart's death.

Hope Lawler recovers. He's a shit commentator these days but I don't wish ill health on him.

Reports are coming out now that apparently Vince didn't stay by Lawler's side and instead just checked up on him and returned to gorilla position, and that "word for word" (though I find that hard to believe) everything Michael Cole said was fed to him through his headset by Vince.

I can believe that Vince felt it more important to keep the show afloat than get in the way of the EMT's working on Jerry. He couldn't do any good hanging around Jerry like a spare prick at a wedding but he could do some good reminding everyone they have 2 hours of TV to finish and 20,000 paying customers to keep happy.

Sounds cold but big business is cold and Vince is a businessman.

I can believe that Vince felt it more important to keep the show afloat than get in the way of the EMT's working on Jerry. He couldn't do any good hanging around Jerry like a spare prick at a wedding but he could do some good reminding everyone they have 2 hours of TV to finish and 20,000 paying customers to keep happy.

Anyone wonder why Bret Hart was still on the show, even though he's repeatedly stated his belief that if something like this happens the show should be immediately cancelled? It's because it was a work!

Vince didn't need to worry about what to do because it was all predetermined, just like any other week. I can't believe how gullible everyone suddenly is.

Remember the time Vince McMahon died due to limo explosion? He turned up a week later fine. Some kind of voodoo miracle? No! Storylines!

Anyone wonder why Bret Hart was still on the show, even though he's repeatedly stated his belief that if something like this happens the show should be immediately cancelled? It's because it was a work!

Vince didn't need to worry about what to do because it was all predetermined, just like any other week. I can't believe how gullible everyone suddenly is.

Remember the time Vince McMahon died due to limo explosion? He turned up a week later fine. Some kind of voodoo miracle? No! Storylines!

So after 30 years of booking, Vince NOW understands that if you want to get something over you present it in a believable way (no camerashots, no replays) ?

Thats quite the turnaround for the guy.

• Paid Members

The actual bit is from NoDQ.com, but the source is F4W -

- F4WOnline.com published a report clarifying rumors of WWE's handling of Monday's Raw show after broadcaster and wrestler Jerry Lawler suffered a heart attack while commentating.

According to a WWE employee backstage at the event, it was a very chaotic scene but he did not see any pray groups. Contrary to speculation, there was never any talk of halting the show.

WWE chief Vince McMahon was not at Lawler's side during the entire ordeal, as reported. He briefly checked on the backstage commotion during a commercial break before resuming his producing duties at Gorilla Position. Rather, Paul "Triple H" Levesque directed orders backstage.

All of broadcaster Michael Cole's on-air verbiage concerning Lawler was directed by McMahon word-for-word.

Could be bollocks.

They did the exact same thing ten years ago when Chyna "broke her neck". Serious voices and serious wrestling for the rest of the show, with constant serious voice updates on Chyna. Smarten up! THIS IS PRO WRESTLING!

Thank you Jesus, a new idiot to play with. Or a returning idiot. Pile on!

So after 30 years of booking, Vince NOW understands that if you want to get something over you present it in a believable way (no camerashots, no replays) ?

Thats quite the turnaround for the guy.

It's not a new development. When they did the limo thing he was so angry with London for smiling in the build up that he fired him. He's been wanting to do this properly for ages.

Apart from Jerry not being dead and it being in Montreal?

moneybag.jpg

I don't buy it. Hart is a man of integrity. If someone was on death's door and it happened on the show, no way would he carry on in character - it would totally discredit everything he's said for the last thirteen years.

And odd that people praise Michael Cole for his "real" handling of the situation. Yet many of them have slagged Cole and Lawler and JR for going into "real" mode for angles since Owen Hart's death.

That's completely different.

Cole often gets critisized for the way he puts across angles, sometimes changing his tone & style to insinuate something is really serious and not part of the show.

He is not being praised in this & the Raw topic for doing that better than usual.

He is being praised because while his mate was conceivably dying (firstly right next to him and then backstage), he didn't fall to pieces and managed to calmly do his job.

• Paid Members

If you feed this troll, then you are just as big an idiot as he is. Just ignore the stupid cunt.

Back on the topic in hand, which isn't New Jack by the way, I am left wondering if WWE might implement a policy now about guys (and girls) over a certain age no longer performing for them after this.

Archived